• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 Crashes Windows 10 By Exhausting Virtual Memory

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Windows 10 Pro installation started crashing regularly by exhausting virtual memory, i.e. commit charge. After eliminating applications one-by-one, I determined that Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 was the culprit.

If I boot the machine and launch open Resource Monitor and watch the Commit Charge meter, all is fine with Commit Charge at or below 10%. The moment I start Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020, the Commit Charge will start to slowly ramp up. After an hour or two, it will run up to 100% and start causing Resource-Exhaustion-Detector errors, and eventually, the machine will hang. If I do these same steps, but instead of letting Commit Charge get fully exhausted, quit Acrobat before it hits 100%, Commit Charge will instantly drop back to the ~10% level it was before launching Acrobat. I think this pretty conclusively proves Acrobat is the cause of the problem.

This machine has 32 GB of physical RAM. Running Windows 10 Pro version 2004, fully patched to OS Build 19041.867. Acrobat is version 2020.001.30020.

How do I get the attention of Adobe Techj Support to start getting them crash logs, etc. so I can get a fix for this problem?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines