Adobe Acrobat Pro 64 Bit

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi so i have noticed that i have 32bit Adobe Pro installed on my laptop. when i use creative cloud desktop to install the application i don't get any 32/64bit option. Does this mean Adobe Acrobat Pro is only 32bit option?

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Beginning this month, Adobe is beginning to selectively roll out 64-bit versions of Acrobat Reader DC, Acrobat Standard DC, and Acrobat Pro DC on Windows. This is being rolled out in limited geographies at this particular point. However, there is an installer available now at https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/download-64-bit-installer.html. From what I understand it does not support all localizations at this point and should not be used for updating existing 32-bit Acrobat to 64-bit Acrobat...

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beginning this month, Adobe is beginning to selectively roll out 64-bit versions of Acrobat Reader DC, Acrobat Standard DC, and Acrobat Pro DC on Windows. This is being rolled out in limited geographies at this particular point.

However, there is an installer available now at https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/download-64-bit-installer.html.

From what I understand it does not support all localizations at this point and should not be used for updating existing 32-bit Acrobat to 64-bit Acrobat. Totally uninstall your existing Acrobat via the Windows Control Panel and reboot and only then install the 64-bit Acrobat installer (URL above).

Note that if you use any third party plug-ins, unless they have released a new version that supports 64-bit Acrobat on Windows and unless you don't need those plug-ins until they are re-released with 64-bit support and installers, you would be prudent to wait for a while until those updates are ready! Note also that by doing a “clean install” of Acrobat 64-bit, you will need to re-enter any options and screen customizations that you previously had for Acrobat.

Bottom line is that unless you have a particular need for the 64-bit version now (such as problems running out of address space, i.e., “run out of memory” messages) and don't need any plug-in support, I would recommend you wait until the official “update to 64-bit” installer is available and major third party plug-ins that you may use have likewise been updated along with their installers.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no stress!! thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the update. Releasing the 64bit version of the flagship PDF tool was something that Adobe should have done years ago, but better late than never. 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines