• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC: Actions tab missing in field properties, and no Button function

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC in the Prepare Forms tab and have a few things that are mystifying me:

1. In the field properties, I only have "General", "Appearance", "Position" and "Options". No "Actions" tab.
  2. I am also missing the little "OK" icon from my tools to allow me to create a button. Any idea how I can get these back? I have no idea when they disappeared as I haven't used these functions recently.
  3. Is there any way to click off a radio button if you click it on by accident, without having to reset the contents of the whole form you've been filling out?
  4. In the properties for a check box, I can't make the border and fill transparent... the best I can do is white, but this is not really ideal. I'm sure I used to be able to set it to transparent. I am able to select transparent for radio buttons though.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can offer!

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

You have managed to create an Adobe Sign form, as opposed to a normal Acroform. This happens when you select the "This document requires signatures" check box when you initially select "Tools > Prepare Form". To convert to a normal form, select: More > Revert to Acrobat Form

in the right-hand panel. This will allow you to add buttons and the various field actions.

For the radio button problem, you could instead use a check box. If you want a group of check boxes to act like a group of radio button

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have managed to create an Adobe Sign form, as opposed to a normal Acroform. This happens when you select the "This document requires signatures" check box when you initially select "Tools > Prepare Form". To convert to a normal form, select: More > Revert to Acrobat Form

in the right-hand panel. This will allow you to add buttons and the various field actions.

For the radio button problem, you could instead use a check box. If you want a group of check boxes to act like a group of radio buttons, give each check box in the group the same name but different export value.

Regarding setting a field color to transparent, this is a bug in Acrobat on Macs. A workaround is to set it using JavaScript, e.g.:

getField("Text1").fillColor = color.transparent;

getField("Checkbox2").strokeColor = color.transparent;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

George_Johnson Thank you so much for answering all my questions so well.

If you have a moment, could you please instruct me on how to use the javascript code that you've recommended? (Excuse my ignorance!)

Many thanks

Susie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can run it directly in the interactive JavaScript console, which you can display by pressing Command+J.

Then enter a line of code, edit it to specify the correct field name, and press Command+Return with the cursor on the line of code and it will execute. The field color that you specified will change to nothing (transparent).

AN alternative is to create a button on a page and set its Mouse Up JavaScript, and then click the button to execute the code. When you're done, you can delete the button.

Here's a link to a tutorial on using the JavaScript console: https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/javascript_console

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I have the same issue , I am using Acrobat Pro DC and while preparing forms , I donot see the OK button on the main tools , managed to get that , but still there is no Actions tab in the properties window. I dont understand what the person who replied meant by slecting More > Revert to Acrobat form meant  as I dont see any option like that one the create new form window. Could anyone be more specific as to how to get the Actions tab in the all properties window while adding a OK button

Thanks

Ankit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears in the Prepare Form mode, not in the Create New Form window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still cannot find anything that says More > Revert to Acrobat Form.  Exactly where in Prepare Form mode is this?  Do you have a screen shot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is in the Prepare Form panel - right above the list of fields - image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay!!! I seriously couldn't find this either.  thanks for the details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!! - This has been driving me crazy. Adobe has really made some crazy changes - a bit too much. I can't even navigate thru my admin panel anymore. And the disappearance of the OK button drove me bonkers.  YOU MADE MY DAY!!! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anybody still on this thread?? Because I'm having this problem right now and the menus are different and I'm losing my mind!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

awesome. Solved my issue as well. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I didn't see the further instructions until later, as I too have the newer version... been struggling with this for months!  Thank you for your help!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU !!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines