• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC closes automatically after opening

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2016 Sep 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After completely uninstalling previous version 11 (using Adobe cleaner program too), we're still having an issue with the DC install. It installs fine but when opening it close automatically after a few (8-10) seconds. Have tried several uninstalls, reinstalls, restarts. No error message anywhere, just disappears. Has anyone else encountered this issue before?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 12, 2016 Sep 12, 2016

Turns out the following folder needed to be deleted: C:\ProgramData\Adobe\SLStore as it had an old V11 lic file in it. Once I deleted the folder and re-opened DC, it worked normally and was able to be activated.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2016 Sep 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right click the exe>click 'run as administrator'.

if that fails, using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2016 Sep 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turns out the following folder needed to be deleted: C:\ProgramData\Adobe\SLStore as it had an old V11 lic file in it. Once I deleted the folder and re-opened DC, it worked normally and was able to be activated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What worked for me was going through the registry and deleting all Adobe entries. Then install the Adobe Pro software and then it asks for the user to sign in. Sign in with the user that you have assigned a license to and BAM! It opens. If the user don't know the password for their Adobe I'D then have them reset it, if they don't have one, then have them sign up for one. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this exact same issue, but deleting SLStore didn't work.  Reader DC is working for the user as a temp workaround, but Acrobat Pro DC isn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such folder C:\Program Data in Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to enable hidden folders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or enter the path C:\ProgramData\Adobe\ directly in the address bar at the top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar problem... Adobe recommended installing this update

https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=6259

during the install I got an error message indicating 

Error 1328. Error applying patchfile to <snip>  PDFMVisio.vsl <snip>

Recommendation was to ignore the error (click Ignore) and continue with the install.  Nicely the install finished and the problem was resolved. I suspect I have an issue creating PDFs from Visio, but I dont leverage that functionality, and my Visio version is quite old so I am not surprised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, threedle, this worked for me when nothing else suggested did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your link is no longer valid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried this but still can't open my Adobe Acrobat Pro 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines