• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC - Insufficient Data for an Image

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing an issue when a PDF document is left open for a prolonged period of time I get "Insufficient data for an image" error. Is there a known issue with this error occuring. I am accessing the file through a Windows 10 machine with the most up to date version of Adobe Acrobat Pro. 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Hey there,

Thanks for reporting the concern.This issue occurred with the earlier version of Acrobat DC. With the latest version, there isn't such issue reported so far.

We'd see if its a latest patch that's causing trouble, or a problem with the existing file.

1- The document you are working with, is it a scanned document or contain text and images both? Any other PDF that returns the same error?

2- We have an option update available for Acrobat DC. You may install it from within Acrobat itsel

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

Thanks for reporting the concern.This issue occurred with the earlier version of Acrobat DC. With the latest version, there isn't such issue reported so far.

We'd see if its a latest patch that's causing trouble, or a problem with the existing file.

1- The document you are working with, is it a scanned document or contain text and images both? Any other PDF that returns the same error?

2- We have an option update available for Acrobat DC. You may install it from within Acrobat itself. Open Acrobat>Help>Check for update> Reboot Acrobat or refer to this release note: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

3- If its a specific document, then Navigate to Acrobat>Edit>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Protected View"and "Enhanced Security">OK>Reboot Acrobat
Note: these changes are only for testing purpose. Once tested, please change it back to the previous setting. 

4- In next step Open Acrobat>Help>Repair Installation>reboot Acrobat DC

Let us know if this makes a difference.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha, 

I followed your instructions but the document is still throwing the error. 

Its a print out of a receipt, with text and images. 

Thanks,
SMT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So gave all the following steps a try and the issues seems to persist. This time the employee left open the PDF overnight and when they woke their computer from sleep the error message was up on their computer. Is there any further advice that can be provided? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

sorry to keep you waiting. 

Is it possible for any one or all of you to share a few sample files with us? We'd like to work on them at our end to see the result.

You ca upload the file on Document Cloud and share the link with us. 

Along with that, you may share these details too-

• Acrobat exact version
  • OS version
  • At what action it displays the error

-Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue, it happens constantly even if I have my desktop app for say an hour or more.  I get that same error message and half of the PDF is blank.  I have to restart and I do this daily.  HELP.

Robyn 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If these are files on a server, this is kind of expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is that expected? Who in 2020 operates entirely off of local copies? Is there anything that can be done for files located on either local servers or services like One Drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same problem on a daily basis, but there are no updates available according to Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. It started after my CC subscription renewed in January 2021. It is not the PDF, it is not my computer, it is not my OS. I've tried all of the "solutions" from all of the forums and "communities" where this problem has been reported. I consider this Adobe forcing us to pay for a defective product. Please fix it.

P.S. It also happened in Illustrator 2021. So... there's that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any updates on the error. If I have a PDF open for a long period of time it throws this error. 
When I close and re-opoen it is fine again.  I am working with Acrobat Pro 2017

Any ideas???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines