• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Latest update

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having applied the latest update downloaded a few minutes ago, (2021.001.20150)  I find that when I try to recognize text I receive an error message which starts:- The procedure entry point ?SetDeskewOptions@CPageRecognition@IDRS... could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\plug_ins\PaperCapture\OCRlibraryInf.dll

Then I am told that Adobe could not access the recognition service because Unable to locate the Paper Capture recognition service. Your installation may be corrupt.... 

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Hi Johndoc

Hope you are doing well and sorrry for the trouble. As described when you try to recognize text you receive an error message which starts:- The procedure entry point ?SetDeskewOptions@CPageRecognition@IDRS... could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\plug_ins\PaperCapture\OCRlibraryInf.dll

++ Adding to the discussion.

Please try to Copy the files from the 'iDRS15' folder to the 'PaperCapture' and 'plug_ins' folders in Acro

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this still occurs if you click on"Help"--->>>"Repair Installation"? (not to be confused with manually uninstalling and reinstalling the software)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your response.

I note that repairing the installation did not solve the issue.  Copying the files as suggested below was required. 

Regards

John Docherty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johndoc

Hope you are doing well and sorrry for the trouble. As described when you try to recognize text you receive an error message which starts:- The procedure entry point ?SetDeskewOptions@CPageRecognition@IDRS... could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\plug_ins\PaperCapture\OCRlibraryInf.dll

++ Adding to the discussion.

Please try to Copy the files from the 'iDRS15' folder to the 'PaperCapture' and 'plug_ins' folders in Acrobat as described in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-could-access-recognition-service.html and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Thanks for your reply. I have copied and pasted the files as suggested in the link.. OCR works now. 

Thank you for your help.

Regards

John Docherty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines