• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to share a template.

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, using this help document https://helpx.adobe.com/au/document-cloud/help/create-template.html I've created a template in Document Cloud.
We have a number of users in our organisation as part of the same team/group. I simply want to share this template to the group. 
There appears to be no way to share a template. All the help documentation around sharing templates appears to be related to a different environment (http://echosign.adobe.com/) which support has told me to use, however there is NO way to access this echosign URL as it redirects straight to acrobat.adobe.com.
If you look at the image below you'll see that the "Share" tab on the right hand side is greyed out (circled in red). If I click on the file I want to share you can see that it is shared with Only Me" 

clip.JPG

How on earth do I share these templates to my team/group. Ive spent over 4 hours with support and nobody seems to be able to get it right.

Cheers guys
J

TOPICS
Manage documents , Product information

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Hi munchie029

Please be informed the Business account is for Creative Cloud not for Adobe Sign. With Creative Cloud you get Adobe Sign Individual account for free, which is a single user accounts. 

However if you subscribe for Team, Business or an Enterprise Adobe Sign account (Adobe Sign plans for individuals and businesses | Adobe Document Cloud ) you will be able to share the account with the users under the same  Team, Business or an Enterprise Adobe Sign account - Account sharing between users

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Hi Hillaryr,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble.

In Adobe Sign, you can share the library template within your group or within your organization ( provided users are in the same account). You can select to whom you can share the template either while creating the template or by editing and changing the selected option.

1. When creating the template in Adobe Sign, you get the option at the right-hand side of the window under the headline " who can use this template". Check t

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.  I am part of a group.  I want to share a template with that group.  I can neither change existing templates' "Who can use this template" setting nor find where to select it when creating a new template.  Very frustrating.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, you are a victim of 'greyed out'.

This is a common affliction that has claimed many who seek help in 'the halls of the plagued'. 

Adverse effects may include; high blood pressure, rage, violent outbursts, self harm. 

It is recommended you cease using adobe products as continued use is detrimental to your health. 

Note; Masks will not protect you from 'greyed out'. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having same difficulty.  Do I need Adobe Sign for Small Business to accomplish this?  Everyone on our team has a license for Adobe DC, which includes Adobe Sign, so I don't understand why I can't share the templates I just created with the team!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@hilaryr41396388

Close your laptop, stand up, walk away slowly.

in this moment you maybe at risk of an aneurism, I dare say there maybe no cure to the adobe affliction 'greyed out'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha @hillaryr, this made me chuckle.

I must say, I went around in circles with this for what seemed to be months before we eventually worked out that we needed an 'Enterprise' license for Sign itself in order to enable this functionality. 

After upgrading our account, we are able to share templates with our users. 

This was not at all intuative and a simple information icon with this info behind it would have saved me heaps of time. 

In any event, for those with greyedout'itis - upgrading your license is the only way to enable this functionality. The free version of sign tht comes with Adobe Acrobat DC does not have this as standard.

Cheers,
J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha @hillaryr, this made me chuckle. 🙂

I must say, I went around in circles with this for what seemed to be months before we eventually worked out that we needed an 'Enterprise' license for Sign itself in order to enable this functionality. 

After upgrading our account, we are able to share templates with our users. 

This was not at all intuative and a simple information icon with this info behind it would have saved me heaps of time. 

In any event, for those struggling with "greyed-out'itis" - upgrading your license is the only way to enable this functionality. The free version of sign that comes with Adobe Acrobat DC does not have this as standard.

Cheers,
J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice ,  How specifically do you go about upgrading only the adobe sign module to enterprise?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hillaryr,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble.

In Adobe Sign, you can share the library template within your group or within your organization ( provided users are in the same account). You can select to whom you can share the template either while creating the template or by editing and changing the selected option.

1. When creating the template in Adobe Sign, you get the option at the right-hand side of the window under the headline " who can use this template". Check the screenshot below:

creating template nd sharing 1.PNG

2. When editing a template, you do get an option to change the selection made while creating the template. In Adobe Sign, go to manage > Templates and select the template from the list. Then click on the Edit button. Then at the right-hand pane, open the drop-down fro Template Properties. Go to "Who can use" and select the radio button for the sharing options required. Check the screenshot below:

editing template and sharing 1.PNG

We did check your account with the email address used to sign-in to the community. You are subscribed to Adobe Acrobat Pro DC team service which includes the adobe Sign individual-level service plan. The option to share the template is not available in this service plan.

The option to share the document within an organization or group is available under the business and enterprise service plan. In the Adobe Sign team (or small business) account, you only get the option to share the document within the organization (as you cannot create a group in that service plan).

The Share tab that appears in the right-hand window pane (as shown in the screenshot below), when you select the file from the list, works only for those files that can be shared with external users. The Share tab gets enabled only for few document types that are allowed to be shared with others (people who are not a part of the process). 

adobe sign share tab.PNG

Hope the information helps.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've followed all of these steps. When I go to edit the template, it shows that it is shared with everyone in the organization. But in my document list, it still says "only me" no matter what I do. I've logged out, tried different browsers, etc. No one else can see the template.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice,
I couldn't make it work, Could this be because I have an Adobe Teams account?

Thank

Jorge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't have the option of sharing the template, at all at any screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2015 Jul 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I share a Document Template that I created with another user of Adobe Document Cloud/Ecosign?

I made a template with all the field and signatures etc and I want a different user to have the ability to send out that file for signature using eSign. Is this possible or would the whole thing have to be recreated on the other users account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the discussion to Document Cloud eSign services

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Markz3798140,

The library template can be shared within your group or within your organisation ( provided users are in same account). You can go to Manage tab and scroll down to template and click edit. Then, on top right hand side, click Show properties and click the permission as needed.

-Rijul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rijul,

I fail to see the Show Properties button. Should it be somewhere here? Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our team has a business account with Adobe, but we all have different sign-ins individual to our email addresses. However, since we are in the same network, is there a way we can have a shared Template Library for Adobe Sign, similar to how Google Drive has templates for Businesses/Organizations? I've been successful at making templated documents for individual accounts in AdobeSign, but is it possible to make a centralized hub for all of our company templates that every user in our business can access from their own account?

We're trying to avoid having to individually upload templates to each individual's account, mostly because if we need to update a template, we'd rather do it once in this "hub" instead of having to update every person's template library.

Your answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi munchie029

Please be informed the Business account is for Creative Cloud not for Adobe Sign. With Creative Cloud you get Adobe Sign Individual account for free, which is a single user accounts. 

However if you subscribe for Team, Business or an Enterprise Adobe Sign account (Adobe Sign plans for individuals and businesses | Adobe Document Cloud ) you will be able to share the account with the users under the same  Team, Business or an Enterprise Adobe Sign account - Account sharing between users

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your response is for Read Only access to view documents sent for signature. How do we share created templates for the team to use  as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have an Adobe Acrobat Pro DC subscription, with 7 team members, and am trying, albeit unsuccessfully, to create a library of shared Templates, which can be sent to clients, etc.

Is this possible through Adobe Acrobat Pro DC? If so, how?

Ray.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! I have the same issue, I hope I don't have to make a template from scratch for each member.

Have you found a solution, Ray?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Team,

I am attempting to make an Adobe Acrobat sign template available to other users; however, I am unable to get the option to either create the template to share or join a group. if I edit the template, I am not be able to make any changes to template properties to share the template to the team. How do we get around

Jijo25482899rw1l_0-1685611984366.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to have that setting enabled. 

Screenshot 2023-06-01 152837.png

 If you have account privileges you can change it, if not contact your Sign administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2023 Jun 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I don't have access to change it I will contact the sign Administrator.

Thanks,

Jijo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have contacted the Adobe admins they are not sure we have all the functionality with Adobe Acrobat for the Adobe Sign . mostly not seeing the  Global settings do we need seperate license for the Adobe Acrobat user for using the Adobe sign template sharing ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines