Highlighted

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC steals focus during OCR

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Windows 10.

I combined several PDF files into a binder that is 7500+ pages. Saved that then ran a "recognized text" process to get an OCR version of the binder.

I was able to continue working in other programs until I made the fatal mistake of trying to open another PDF file that was in my Outlook inbox while the OCR project was at page 2000. Of course this new PDF can't open until the OCR project finishes.

Adobe now has infinite window focus priority.

I managed to get to the task manager and kill Outlook + all associated processes including the PDF I tried to open.

Adobe still has infinite window focus priority.

It doesn't matter how many times I minimize Adobe, my window focus is pulled back to Adobe every .5-1 second.

So I'm locked out of using my computer until this 6 hour OCR project finishes or I throw away the last 3 hours of work.

SUCH GREAT PROGRAMMING. /s

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, General troubleshooting, Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC steals focus during OCR

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Windows 10.

I combined several PDF files into a binder that is 7500+ pages. Saved that then ran a "recognized text" process to get an OCR version of the binder.

I was able to continue working in other programs until I made the fatal mistake of trying to open another PDF file that was in my Outlook inbox while the OCR project was at page 2000. Of course this new PDF can't open until the OCR project finishes.

Adobe now has infinite window focus priority.

I managed to get to the task manager and kill Outlook + all associated processes including the PDF I tried to open.

Adobe still has infinite window focus priority.

It doesn't matter how many times I minimize Adobe, my window focus is pulled back to Adobe every .5-1 second.

So I'm locked out of using my computer until this 6 hour OCR project finishes or I throw away the last 3 hours of work.

SUCH GREAT PROGRAMMING. /s

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, General troubleshooting, Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 21, 2020 2
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. Wondering if having the screen NOT maximized before starting the OCR process makes any difference? I have this happen with PDFelement, but as long as the window was in smaller window mode, it would redirect attention back to the PDF.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem too.  I'm still trying to figure out how to get around it.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 01, 2020 0