Highlighted

Adobe Acrobat PRO DC update.... TERRIBLE!

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update to Adobe Pro DC is causing SO many issues in my line of work (not just for me, but for all the people who work in the same field and use this program).

When you password protect a file that has editable text boxes, the buyer of the product NOW MUST HAVE Adobe to be able to use those text boxes.  Prior to this update, they could use any PDF program.  Buyers are angry and hundreds of people who have used Pro this way will be using a new program.

REALLY BAD IDEA, Adobe!  You used to be the first company we would recommend for this line of work and now you will be the last!

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Acrobat PRO DC update.... TERRIBLE!

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update to Adobe Pro DC is causing SO many issues in my line of work (not just for me, but for all the people who work in the same field and use this program).

When you password protect a file that has editable text boxes, the buyer of the product NOW MUST HAVE Adobe to be able to use those text boxes.  Prior to this update, they could use any PDF program.  Buyers are angry and hundreds of people who have used Pro this way will be using a new program.

REALLY BAD IDEA, Adobe!  You used to be the first company we would recommend for this line of work and now you will be the last!

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 26, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kirsten,

Sorry to hear about your unpleaseant experience. We'd like to know about the file type you are referring above. Is it a PDF form that has editable text fileds or a PDF file that has the text boxes?

How exactly you have password protected them? What were your steps? Depending on it, it would allow the further actions.

There's no such change has been implemented, that would suddenly starts to force someone to use Adobe Acrobat. (As you said prior to this it worked fine)

Can we also have that sample file you have created or shared with buyers?

Thanks,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 03, 2020 0