• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro Scan Stuck While Optimizing

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Acrobat DC version 20.0 through Creative Cloud Subscription. Im on windows 10.

I have a 14 page document im trying to scan and it stops at the 3rd or 5th page and shows a dialogue box reading:

"Processing 2 of 1"     

"Optimizing"              

This dialogue box stays up unless i hit cancel. I have waited for up to an hour and nothing happens. If i hit cancel then nothing happens and i can close acrobat as it says scanning is still in process.

In Acrobat I have tried changing color modes, ocr on and off, optimize image on and off at varying qualities and different resolutions. Same issue everytime.

I have reinstalled Acrobat, Scanner Drivers, Logged in and out of Creative Cloud and restarted my computer all multiple times. I havent been able to get any progress on fixing this.

Is this a known issue or are there any tips to fix this?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Hi,

This issue stands fixed now.

Please check for the updates.

This should work fine now with this release of Acrobat.

Thanks for the patience.

Regards,

Gaurav Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Hi All,

Thanks for your time and patience and for your cooperation on this.

As correctly mentioned by Gaurav, the fix is available with the latest update of Acrobat version 20.009.20065, please install the latest update from the help menu of the application>select check for updates, reboot application and try scanning.

For detailed information about the latest update, please see the Release notes.

Please let us know if you experience any issues.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Hi All,

Thanks for your time and patience and for your cooperation on this.

The fix is available with the latest update of Acrobat version 20.009.20065, please install the latest update from the help menu of the application>select check for updates, reboot application and try scanning.

For detailed information about the latest update, please see the Release notes.

Please let us know if you experience any issues.

Regards,

Gaurav

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LHousley

We are sorry for the trouble. As described, you are unable to scan multiple pages

We need some more information for a better understanding:

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > Check for Updates.

What is the make and model of the printer/scanner? Please check for any missing updates for the printer/scanner drivers and firmware and try updating them and check.

Are you on a Mac or Windows Machine and what is the version of the OS?

Please try to repair the installation (For Windows Only) go to Help > Repair installation and see if that works.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 20.009.20063

Visioneer Strobe 500, driver are updated

Windows 10 Enterprise version 1803

I just tried repair installation and it didnt work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this problem with my Brother MFC-J67200W and Acrobat Pro CD with the new 20.009.20063 update.  The scanner feeds through but the software hangs after the first page with 'Optimizing...'

Looking through the noticeboards it is becoming a common issue with this update and someone had been to Adobe who had walked them through a rollback to a previous version which had solved the issue - but rolling back isn't an option through creative cloud?

All device software is up to date.  Tried all the suggested fixes and still no good.

Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Amal,

This seems to be a very recent problem.  I also have Acrobat Pro DC,  version 2020.009.20063.

I am running on a Lenovo laptop with 32Gb RAM and the following Windows:

Windows 10 Pro

Version 1909

OS Build 18363.836

I am using a Brother MFC-L2710DW Series Printer via WiFi.

I am using the "File/Create/PDF from scanner" sequence.  It scans the entire stack of documents in the scanner feed and then gives me an endless "Processing 1 of 1...", "Optimizing..." message and the only button is "Cancel".

If I hit the "Cancel" button and try to do anything with Acrobat, it tells me "This operation is not allowed, since scanning is in progress." and I can choose "Learn more" or "OK".

If I choose "Learn more" it takes me to the page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-scanner-issues-acrobat.html

If I choose "OK" I will grow old waiting for it.

I have run the repair function on Acrobat and rebooted my laptop several times.  I turned off and turned on my printer/scanner several times as well.  

Scanning is a critical function and it seems that it occurred in the most recent Acrobat update.

I hope that this is helpful information for your developers.  Any help correcting this is very much appreciated!

Steph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having exactly the same problem, so frustrating.  Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2020.009.20063 (latest version).  Tried 'Repair Installation', rebooting etc.  Disabling optimise image doesn't work either.  Can scan one page at a time.  Multiple times, exactly the same message as reported in the original message here:

"Processing 2 of 1"

"Optimizing"

This dialogue box stays up unless i hit cancel. I have waited for up to an hour and nothing happens. If i hit cancel then nothing happens and i can close acrobat as it says scanning is still in process.

Using Brother MPC-L8900CDW with latest firmware

Firmware Version

MAIN  T2003190155

SUB1  1.21

Running Windows 7 Professional SP 1 (64 bit).

This error seems to be very common, and has been for years, particularly with Brother printers.

sysInfo 'Generate System Report' in Help menu, Adobe Acrobat

Account Detail:
User Rights: Admin
User Account Control: Default
Process Integrity: High
Profile Type: None
Acrobat Detail:
Sandboxing: Off
Protected View: Off
Captive Reader: No
Multi-Reader on Desktop Support: Off
Applications Installed:
Office Version: Office 2010 32-bit
Outlook Version: Outlook 2010 32-bit
Available Physical Memory: 4194303 KB
Available Virtual Memory: 3866072 KB
BIOS Version: DELL - 20100118
Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
Version: 11.00.9600.16428 (winblue_gdr.131013-1700)
Creation Date: 2018/06/14
Creation Time: 3:02:32 AM
Default Mail: Microsoft Outlook
mapi32.dll
Version: 1.0.2536.0 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Creation Date: 2016/01/14
Creation Time: 2:10:40 AM
Display Detail:
Screen Width: 1920
Screen Height: 1080
Number of Monitors: 1
Number of Mouse Buttons: 8
Has Mouse Wheel: Yes
Has Pen Windows: No
Double Byte Character Set: No
Has Input Method Editor: Yes
Inside Screen Reader: No
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6450
Version: 8.17.10.1077
Check: Not Supported
Installed Acrobat: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe
Version: 20.9.20063.381938
Creation Date: 2020/05/04
Creation Time: 9:43:10 AM
Locale: English (Australia)
Monitor:
Name: AMD Radeon HD 6450
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 x 60
Bits per pixel: 32
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7
OS Version: 6.1.7601
Page File Space: 4194303 KB
Processor: Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7 GenuineIntel ~3392 Mhz
Session Detail:
Boot Type: Normal
Is Shutting Down: No
Network: Available
Inside Citrix: No
Inside VMWare: No
Remote Session: No
Remote Control: No
Using JAWS: No
Using ZoomText: No
Using Windows-Eyes: No
Using NVDA: No
System Name: RECEPTION
Temporary Directory: C:\Users\Robert.BMI\AppData\Local\Temp\
Time Zone: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Total Physical Memory: 4194303 KB
Total Virtual Memory: 4194176 KB
User Name: Robert
Windows Detail:
Tablet PC: No
Starter Edition: No
Media Center Edition: Yes
Slow Machine: No
Windows Directory: C:\Windows
Installed plug-ins:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\plug_ins\AcroForm.api
Creation Time: 9:43:46 AM
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\plug_ins\Annots.api
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\plug_ins\IA32.api
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\plug_ins\Scan.api
Creation Time: 9:43:26 AM
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\plug_ins\Spelling.api
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\plug_ins\Updater.api

Regards

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

Super frustrating becasue I use multiple document PDF often.

Earlier today, I updated Adobe per instructions.  Boy, I wish I had not updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto for me. This started on the last update as well. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Any solution yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. It is clearly the recent update, please provide a fix for this ASAP. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone who needs a work around i have one. Im using windows Fax and Scan to scan my documents, these get saved in my scanned documents folder (a subfolder in my documents folder) you can select all the pages and combine in adobe pdf. Windows is fax and scan is kinda clunky but if you need to you can google how to edit the settings there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  Adobe Acrobat DC ver 20.009.20063.  Issue started in the last day or so.  We use this program in our office to scan documents all day long.  It has affected everyone in the office on all printer/scanners.

We have a Win 2013 server.  Adobe is installed locally on all machines, which are all running Win10. 

Printer examples are Brother MFC-8810DW, DCP-L5600DN, MFC-L8900CDW.

Same problem as other described.  Also, I tried deselecting the optimization feature prior to scanning but continue to have the same problem where not all pages are rendered from the scan. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and it is very frustrating. I can only assume it is a bug with the most recent update. Adobe, please fix this quickly!

Adobe Acrobat DC vers. 20.009.20063

Scanner: Brother MFC-L5900DW, latest frimware.

Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909, OS build 18363.836

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this same issue since last Thursday! I can no longer work from home due to this problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having the same problem on a Brother MFC-L2700DW. Worked fine until the last Creative Cloud Update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this problem with my Brother MFC-L2700DW and Acrobat Pro CD with the new 20.009.20063 update. I hate it when an "upgrade" is really a "downgrade".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same problem starting recently.

Acrobat Pro DC v 2020.009.20063.  Windows 10 Home v 1909 OS Build 18362.836

Epson XP 830 multifunction printer on a wireless network.

I tried all the solutions efforts mentioned by the OP and others.

This only happens when scanning multiple pages from the document feeder. In my case, Acrobat freezes with the dialog stating "optimizing page 1 of 1." That happens even after unchecking the optimize option. I can cancel that dialog. Nothing more happens but I can't close the document or program because "Scanning is in progress." I can only close Acrobat using the task manager. On restarting Acrobat and trying to scan it usually fails because of a "network error." Only restarting Windows lets me try again. I can open Epson's Scan app and do the multi-page scan from the document feeder with no problem.

Scanning one page at a time from the scanner glass OR document feeder is no problem. Optimizing finishes quickly. I tried two pages (one side) in the feeder. Optimizing completed but only the first page showed in the thumbnails. When scanning three pages the freeze happened while optimizing the first page.

It seems the problem occurs only when another page is being scanned and the data delivered to Acrobat while it is optimizing a page. This should be a pretty easy bug to track down and fix based on my experience. Please do so quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having this issue using Brother MFC 9130CW.  It seems that there is always an issue when they update and getting them to fix it takes an act of congress.  I previously spent 2 weeks on chat and remote with them to just get a workaround.  They never seem eager to fix their mistakes, yet charge my credit card promptly every month without errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which work around solution that they gave?  Can you share -- Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The work around involves backdating the software to an earlier edition.  Broadly speaking, the process involves stopping all services running Adobe, closing all programs that use or link to Adobe, uninstalling it, then running Adobe clean to wipe any remaining adobe files.  Next, you get a new copy downloaded to your machine.  After that, you download a particular link that has an update patch file that dates prior to the current patch, which ends in 20063.  When I did it, I put the patch in the same folder as the downloaded and extracted install files, and then deleted the patch ending in 20063 to prevent it from installing.  I then did the install, and then opened up adobe acrobat DC and selected "Edit ->Preferences and scrolled to the bottom of the list, highighted "Update" and then in the right column of the screen, I deselected "automatic updates"  to prevent 20063 patch from being installed by Adobe.    Doing all that takes 15 min to a half hour and when you are done the program should work properly again.

Adobe cleaner: https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

Link to download Acrobat DC: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html#AcrobatProDCinstaller 

Link to a back-dated patch file:  https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousmar2020.htm...

Of course, the usual disclaimers apply - I am not a computer guru, I don't do this for a living, I don't know your capability, and I don't work for Adobe.  So if you follow these instructions, if it messes up your computer, or if you mess up your computer because you missed a step that isn't listed here, you have no one to blame but yourself.  In other words these are just broad instructions and not a detailed item-by-item of steps to take to accomplish the backdate.  There are things that you need to know, like when to restart your computer to update registry files, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same problem. Mine stops at 1 of 1 optimizing and won't scan anything more than 1 page. 

Version 2020.009.20063

Scanner: Canon MF733cdw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me.  I have a deadline for doing reports and this is going to cause some real problems for me.  Extremely annoyed!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My entire firm (about 50 users) has been having this issue for a few weeks now. At first, I thought it was a Fujitsu scanner issue. After some testing, I quickly realized that this was an Adobe issue. 

For now, the people that need to scan are using Windows Fax & Scan as a temporary workaround. I found that other scanning platforms seem to work fine.

Hopefully, a patch is rolled out soon so we can continue to work normally. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This issue stands fixed now.

Please check for the updates.

This should work fine now with this release of Acrobat.

Thanks for the patience.

Regards,

Gaurav Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with my Canon (TR8520) scanner. Everything used to work well and now I can't scan a multiple page document. I am paying a lot of money just to use it for personal use. I now use the Canon scanner software to scan to a pdf  and then open it with Acrobat DC. For a premium product this is rediculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines