• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro Scan Stuck While Optimizing

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Acrobat DC version 20.0 through Creative Cloud Subscription. Im on windows 10.

I have a 14 page document im trying to scan and it stops at the 3rd or 5th page and shows a dialogue box reading:

"Processing 2 of 1"     

"Optimizing"              

This dialogue box stays up unless i hit cancel. I have waited for up to an hour and nothing happens. If i hit cancel then nothing happens and i can close acrobat as it says scanning is still in process.

In Acrobat I have tried changing color modes, ocr on and off, optimize image on and off at varying qualities and different resolutions. Same issue everytime.

I have reinstalled Acrobat, Scanner Drivers, Logged in and out of Creative Cloud and restarted my computer all multiple times. I havent been able to get any progress on fixing this.

Is this a known issue or are there any tips to fix this?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Hi,

This issue stands fixed now.

Please check for the updates.

This should work fine now with this release of Acrobat.

Thanks for the patience.

Regards,

Gaurav Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Hi All,

Thanks for your time and patience and for your cooperation on this.

As correctly mentioned by Gaurav, the fix is available with the latest update of Acrobat version 20.009.20065, please install the latest update from the help menu of the application>select check for updates, reboot application and try scanning.

For detailed information about the latest update, please see the Release notes.

Please let us know if you experience any issues.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Hi All,

The fix is available with the latest update of Acrobat version 20.009.20065, please install the latest update from the help menu of the application>select check for updates, reboot application and try scanning.

For detailed information about the latest update, please see the Release notes.

Regards,

Gaurav

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

As correctly mentioned by Gaurav, the fix is available with the latest update of Acrobat version 20.009.20065, please install the latest update from the help menu of the application>select check for updates, reboot application and try scanning.

For detailed information about the latest update, please see the Release notes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  Yay!  It works!

We just had to give your developers something to do during the lockdown!  🙂 

Steph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

The fix is available with the latest update of Acrobat version 20.009.20065, please install the latest update from the help menu of the application>select check for updates, reboot application and try scanning.

For detailed information about the latest update, please see the Release notes.

Regards,

Gaurav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2023 Jul 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New editor update is really bad. Out of 50 pages if we need to edit on one page it take 5 min to scan all pages. Previously it was quick to reach on the page you want and complete the task in less than minute. Please fix this or its time to move on to another PDF editor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Nirav30864648ucf4 

Hope you are doing well and thanks for reaching out. 

What is the version of the Acrobat Pro you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 23.03.20215 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once. Also, try with a different PDF file and see if that issue still occurrs.

What is the workflow/steps you are doing to edit the PDF? A small video recording of the steps you are doing and the pop up message for scanning all pages would be very helpful.

You may also, go to Edit (Win), Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > Reading > Under, Page vs Document , select 'Read only the currently visible page' > Click OK and reboot the application and see if that works.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines