• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro XI Crashes when Scanning

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Acrobat XI Pro and have done without issue for some time. As of yesterday when I am scanning from my Canon LIDE 220 Scanner the process crashes and I get the following message:

Adobe Acrobat has stopped Working - A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available"

No solution is provided.

I have done a "Repair Acrobat Installation" and ensured that I have latest version 11.0.20.

Please help. Work stops without the scanner!

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Bolts - I think this fixed it for me!  At least this is the first time in a long time I was able to scan 10 pages all at once without the program crashing.  Usually I can only scan 2 or so pages at a time, and then I compile it.  Today I did that but forgot to save the file first.  I compiled the pages from 3 scans into one, deleted the 2 unsaved files I didn't need anymore, and then poof, the program crashed and I had to start all over.   If this works going forward - THANKS for saving me from untold frustration!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought a new computer and installed Acrobat adobe Pro XI which worked without a problem on my old computer.  Now when I tray to scan everything seems to go fine until is finishing scanning and before the document shows up, it crashes.  I have tried to reinstall the program, repair it and updated it.  I am not sure what can be wrong with it but I have noticed that sometimes it will randomly work properly after so many tries, like 1 out 5 attempted scans or 1 out 9 attempted scans.

This is the crash file: Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Needless to say, I have the same problem. In my case it is with Adobe Acrobat X Pro, and like most others, my problem is also with a Canon product (mine is an ImageClass D400 multifunction). I have had both products for years... literally, with no problems. Maybe 2 or 3 months ago the problem started and I can't tell why, except that I did get a new laptop and re-installed Acrobat in it. As several have described, the problem appears to be intermittent, although in my case it now fails 90% of the time which is unacceptable.

I have tried all the recommendations in this forum so far, and none has worked. Today I tried the "custom scan" option and it worked several times, will this work consistently? I can't tell, but I will add this to the list of things other frustrated users can also try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share the crash logs as mentioned above /message/9754159#9754159?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines