Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Professional 8.1 download

Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I download Adobe Acrobat Professional 8.1? I lost it when I reset my Windows 10 laptop.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 13, 2015 Nov 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,

Adobe official response is that Acrobat 8 has not been tested on Win 10 and is not compatible with Win 10.

However, I and several other members have it working in Win 10. Now the fact that we have it working does not mean we

have all the functions working. One is print to pdf. It does not work inn Win 10. I have a workaround which gives me the

ability to print to pdf, but that is all it does. If that is not good enough you need to upgrade.

Here is my post of how I got it working.

Adobe Acrobat Pro 8.0 working in Windows 10         

Re: Will an older version of acrobat 8 Professional install, and function on a newer computer using ...    

I hope that helps.

Learned Maan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 13, 2015 Nov 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to tell you.

You can download a replacement version of Acrobat 8 Pro from here.

Download Acrobat products | 9, 8

You still your serial number.

The updates are here.

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/win/    

Learned Man

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Things have moved on, but having just replaced my laptop and re-installed Acrobat Standard 8.1 (that I got with a Fujitsu scanner, so have a proper serial #), it seems Adobe have cut off every avenue for activating and therefore running legal software. I realilse that they don't support this any longer, and I'm not asking for that, just to be able to run what I have purchased. Is there a way to get the install activated or to stop the activation being required?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, no. Acrobat 8 is truly dead and buried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's funny, it's doing a very good impression of working every time I run it, and AFAIK, there's nothing in the licence to say I can't continue to run what I've purchased indefinitely (and yes, I did "follow the activation, installation, and/or license management process described in the software and documentation", but Adobe's failure to have it avctually work is not an exclusion, or 'get out' clause).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it might work now, but it can break at any moment and then you won't be able to use it again, nor can you install it on a new machine, as it can't be activated.

And I totally agree with you that this is not OK. I don't support it, just telling it like it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just completed a bit of a chat exercise with an adobe chat agent.

The agent was adamant that acrobat pro 8.1 is no longer supported and cannot be activated because the server that allowed activation is decommisioned.

I too had 8.1 running until I needed to reinstall everything on my laptop. Currently this version is in its 30 day trial. Perhaps when the time expires, the lack of support will allow the program to continue working.

I provide this to confirm that there is no hope for any activations of valid versions of 8.1.

The chat agent recommended finding a third party with a version on CD that can be loaded without activation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Acrobat 8.1 works for me on Win 11.  I noticed it crashed to desktop whenever I wanted to rotate a page.  But I found a fix:  Just run it in Win 7 compability mode and everything I want it to do, works.  

Someone else mentioned something about printing to pdf but I just use Microsoft Print to PDF as my printer so no issues there and I have never used Adobe PDF printer anyway.  I don't know why but maybe because I used the MS printer in MS Word and thought, why change?

HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines