• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Professional DC - Freezing while Highlighting

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue Description:  Adobe Acrobat Professional DC freezes/crashes while highlighting

Technical Information:

Issue occurs in the following versions:

Adobe Acrobat Professional DC 2015 (006.30033)

Adobe Acrobat Professional DC 2017 (008.30051)

Microsoft Windows Version 1703 OS Build 15063.1088

Notes:

-Application becomes completely unresponsive and must be closed via task manager, changes are not saved.

-Issue only occurs when the document is an image.  If a PDF is created with searchable text the issue does not occur.  Issue only occurs on a scanned in document, etc.

Steps Taken to re-create issue:

-Open any scanned in PDF document, or a document without searchable text.

-Use the highlighting tool on any text.

-The application will eventually crash 100% of the time during testing.

Additional notes/Steps already taken:

-Repaired Adobe Installation.

-Tested Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 as well as 2015.

-Completely Re-installed Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

-Re-created the Adobe application preferences file to eliminate problems that a damaged preferences file can cause.

-Troubleshot ICC Profiles.  ICC profiles help manage color spaces on your system. A system error can occur if your Adobe application accesses a damaged ICC profile.

-Performed System Maintenance.

-Ran Adobe application in a new user account.

-Re-created windows profile.

-Replaced Workstation.

-Upgraded new system to 16GB of RAM.

-Updated video card, print and device drivers..

-Disabled UAC and Window Aero.

-Identified the file that is causing the problem (Seems to be all scanned in docs).

Other unresolved/related threads:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1987834

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-windows.html

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

This issue has not been resolved.  I have noticed if you OCR the document before highlighting it seems to have better performance, however the application will still crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CJUILFS,

Could you try installing the latest patch available for Acrobat using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu, reboot the machine after installing update and try again? You may also download updates from here: Adobe software and product updates

Also, would it be possible if you can share the pdf file you are working with to replicate the issue at our end?

To share the file here in the forums, refer to the steps given in this link: How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud

You may also share the link for the file via private message - How Do I Send Private Message

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any progress on this?

I have the same issue - any image file (I generated mine by using a PDF printer) - frequently freezes while highlighting and must be killed in task manager.

I have the latest version installed: Adobe Acrobat DC (18.011.20058)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi twif1956,

Would it be possible to share the pdf file you are working with to replicate the issue at our end? To share the file here in the forums, refer to the steps given in this link: How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud

You may also share the link for the pdf via private message - How Do I Send Private Message

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey

is your issue resolved as i am also facing the same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ka1694,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Could you let us know dot version of Acrobat and the operating system you are using on the machine? You may refer to the steps given in this link on how to check the version in Acrobat: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Also, would it be possible to share the pdf file you are working with to replicate the issue at our end? To share the file here in the forums, refer to the steps given in this link: How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud

You may also share the link for the pdf via private message - How Do I Send Private Message

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has not been resolved.  I have noticed if you OCR the document before highlighting it seems to have better performance, however the application will still crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The above actions have been taken however do not resolve the issue.  Unfortunately I am unable to share the document due to HIPAA violation.  I can see if I can redact the personal information from it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would add that freeze seems to consistently occur after highlighting approximately 200 pixels - in my case almost always from the start of a line of text (even though it is an image file).

So typical scenario is I highlight a line of text, then move to the next line, start highlighting, and as I am highlighting Adobe freezes at 200 pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am also facing same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this very same issue that was already posted in 2015. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/why-does-acrobat-pro-dc-freeze-when-highlighting/td-p/7738978...

I have the latest (2015.009.20071) version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. I often use the highlight tool for making notes. However, I've noticed that, in this version, there is a pause after highlighting and the app freezes for about 5-10s until I can do anything again. This can be annoying if I need to scroll immediately after making my highlight. This was never an issue before. Note, the app doesn't crash at all, just freezes for a few seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why does Acrobat Pro DC freeze when highlighting? 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/why-does-acrobat-pro-dc-freeze-when-highlighting/td-p/7738978...

I am reposting this since it does not seem to be a solution for this issue. This is NOT a file specific issue. I have worked with several different laptops / Different Adobe installation / Now I am even working for a different company. And still the same issue. This reduces productivity. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines