• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Acrobat DC on the same RDS desktop

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a requirement for soem users to open PDFs to read and some to edit, those needing to edit have a login to DC.

However I am finding I can't install the two products together as adding reader tells me adobe acrobat DC is already installed so no need.

How can I get round this, for those users tht need to just view PDFs?

Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Acrobat Reader and Acrobat DC do not play well together on the same computer. You never want more than one of them installed. Acrobat DC lets you do everything Acrobat Reader does, and then adds functions on top of it such as editing, setting up shared reviews, sending out for signatures and more. If you have Acrobat DC, you do not need Acrobat Reader.

If a user needs to edit PDFs, uninstall Acrobat Reader from their desktops and install Acrobat DC. 

If a user only needs to read PDFs and will never, ever need to edit PDFs, uninstall Acrobat DC from their desktops and install Acrobat Reader.

Check your licensing to ensure you're not paying for something your users aren't actually using. Acrobat Reader is free. Acrobat DC requires a subscription, which can be acquired either for each individual or managed through a Team or Enterprise plan. If your company is using a Team or Enterprise plan, then your plan administrator needs to add or remove users to match your needs for Reader versus Acrobat DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines