• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC crashing Catalina OSX

Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Catalina 10.15.2  Adobe Acrobat Reader DC just opens and then immediately closes, crashes.  Downloaded latest 2019 version today.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry for the trouble you had with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. I have few questions, which will help me solve problem here.

1. What is the version of  Adobe Acrobat Reader DC?
  2. Are you able to open any pdf file? Or does it crashes on opening app itself?
  3. Can you please share the crash report that is generated here?

Thanks,

Charu Karwa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the trouble.

++ Adding on to the discussion

You may also try the troubleshooting steps provided in the help article here (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-mac.html) and see if that works.

Please update the thread with the requested information if you still experience the same issue.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Using Mac OS 10.15.3. Installed Acrobat DC from creative cloud today. Runs and closes instantly. Can't give you an error report because I do not know where to find one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nephrology_miami

We are sorry for the trouble. Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC installed on your system?

To check the version of the application please use the help article https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html

Make sure you have the latest version 19.21.20061. Go to Help > Check for Updates. For more information please use the help link https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Let us know how it goes 

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot tell you what version I have because Acrobat closes instantly after opening, so there is no time to look for the version. But I got it from your Creative Cloud website 1 day ago, so I must assume that it is the latest one. I also uninstalled and reinstalled it, restarted the computer, thus far, no luck. Preview works fine, though, so I can view PDF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that the issue still persists.

Please try the following steps and see if that helps:

If it still doesn't work please create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204012) and try using the application there and check.

if it still crashes, please collect the logs as described here (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html) upload the logs to the document cloud (https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/) generate the link and share the link with us.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to do these steps for the same reasons (repeatedly crashing on OSX)

The AcroCleaner link for OSX does not work, goes to a 404

This is ridiculous for a paid app from a company I thought I could rely upon like Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Bryan,

Sorry for the trouble.

The AcroCleaner link is broken and we have informed the team to get it fixed.

As the application crashing, please try the troubleshooting steps as suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-mac.html and check if that helps.

You may use the steps suggested in the following help document to uninstall the Acrobat Pro DC using the uninstaller on Mac OS: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/uninstall-reinstall-acrobat.html#UninstallAdobeAcrobatDC...

Then try reinstalling the application from this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/acrobat-downloads.html 

Let us know if the issue still occurs.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After macOS Catalina 10.15.6 update acrobat DC pro won't open .? I have to use acrobat reader? I have uninstalled acrobat pro and reinstalled it . No luck . Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here seeing the same issue. 

C8B31B7B-23CA-47D5-8346-657F2AAFE3F1.jpeg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue, this is now a joke...can we please get a fix, and dont tell me to reboot my computer or ill cap myself

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Issue - Adobe when are you going to respond with a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry for the trouble. Would youmind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat DC.

A New version 20.12.20041 is now available for Adoe Acrobat/Reader DC please try to update the application to the new version from the help menu > check forupdates and see if that makes any difference.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the latest release and still not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having the same issue. Adobe Acrobat stopped working when I upgraded to MacOS 10.15.6. I get a "Sorry, something went wrong" message on launch. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and restarted machine and the same thing keeps happening. If I try to use Acrobat online I get "Access denied" message. This is extremely frustrating. Please fix.

Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 5.02.04 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal,

We've all updated and Acrobat is still isn't working. What are you going to do for us? Please respond. I have pdfs that are not accessible to my disabled students and I cannot edit them because I cannot open anything in Acrobat. (Reader works fine for viewing but I cannot make my pdfs accessible.)

Does anyone here know of an alternative to Acrobat for editing pdfs? I've had it with Adobe not responding. This is ridiculous. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we get access to an older version that is stable and is know to work?  This is crazy how much $$$$ organizations are giving Adobe and producing a faulty product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am sorry for the delay in response.

We need some more information to investigate the issue in detail

1. What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat.
2. Are you on a Mac or Windows machine and what is the version of the OS?
3. Do you have any security software installed that might be causing the issue? If yes, what is the security software you are using?

Please collect the machine logs as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html  and upload the logs on the Document Cloud https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/  , generate the link and share it with us for testing.

You may also try the workaround as described in the similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/enterprise-teams/started-having-federated-mac-users-not-be-able-to-ac... and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind, Amal. I fixed the problem by uninstalling Adobe Creative Cloud, restarting, and reinstalling Creative cloud, and then downloading and reinstalling Acrobat (again). 

This was a long time to spend just trying to get the attention of someone from Adobe. As noted by colby_w222166028, this is not a free product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can't believe this is still an issue.  I'm unable to use DC Pro, but they keep charging me every month! F that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

You have to uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud, reinstall it, and then use the new version of CC to reinstall Acrobat. You should restart after uninstalling CC and check to make sure that Acrobat is no longer on your machine. I had to uninstall Acrobat three times. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines