• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Crashing

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does my Adobe Acrobat Reader DC keep crashing?  Continuous release 2019.010.20098.  Free version.  I open a PDF document stored in the Adobe Document Cloud.  (It is a study document that I am using into which I need to type my answers.)  I click on Fill & Sign and I click where I want to edit the text.  I can type a few characters before the program crashes.  This happens both on my desktop and also on my laptop.  Both are running Windows 10.  I tried to repair the installation on my laptop but there was no change in behavior.

This has been working for several months now on this document and on a related document.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, this is most definitely NOT fixed and is NOT related to a single PDF.

EVERY time I open a PDF in Acrobat (not reader) and use the fill feature, at random places, it will just crash and I loose the information I have entered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey craigw31615596 this discussion is going on about the Fill & Sign mobile app. Are you referring to the mobile app or desktop app?

If app crashes upon opening file, then you may uninstall and reinstall it once and check whether you have got the latest OS of not.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am talking about the desktop app - I have reinstalled 4 times now and still no fix - it was only after the upgrade.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you found a solution for this issue?  I am having a problem with unexplained crashes when using the fill and sign feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I happens regularly on several machines running both Mac and Windows. I have had this problem on two modern Dell Latitude laptops running the latest version of Windows 10:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise N

Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

It NEVER recovers the lost documents, though it is set to autosave every 5 minutes.

Can you please at least tell us where the autosaved documents are stored?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having continuos crashes.The troubleshooting page mentioned above is no longer available. I have also tried checking for updates under Help with no effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My app is crashing constantly the last day or two. I didn't have this issue before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe Acrobat reader consistently crashes about 30 seconds after opening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. Is there no solution here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine too, never had this problem before. I've cleared cache, and going to keep trying different things. Just started with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and not impressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Me too.   

Over a year since the original post in this thread, and I am also having Adobe Acrobat DC desktop app crash regularly when viewing pdf files.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem now. Please suggest a proper fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's happening to me too since weeks. Please fix it!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My iMac is doing the same thing lately. I'm also frustrated with the continous crashing on PDFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too.  Just started yesterday.  I can't read anything - on multiple Macs.  What changed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is happenning to me too, is there a fix?  It happenned after my ofice 365 did an auto update which i hate!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've been having issues with crashing starting a few seconds after opening on both my macbook air and my dell desktop. I've downloaded the program and uninstalled on both computers and still not working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

April 12, 2020

This is happening to me as well, different documents, MacBook Pro on High Sierra 10.13.6. Have uninstalled and reinstalled once.

Would appreciate a solution! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this will help in either of your cases, but this is what has worked for our org:

• Click on preferences.
  • Scroll down to Signatures.
  • Find the section for "Verification, Control how and when signatures are verified".
  • Click on the "More" button.
  • Remove the checkmark from the first box "Verify signatures when the document is opened".
  • Close and relaunch Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. It started with the Pro version and now is also happening with the free Reader. After a few seconds from launch you get the spinning wheel (Mac versions) and that's it. You can do nothing more except force quite.

It has reached the point where neither version will even submit the crash report to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has also been happening to me when trying to open PDFs from Microsoft's Sharepoint folders. I get an error notification that the program ran into a problem and is closing. When it closes, it will not restart and I cannot open other files. I tried ending the tasks in Task Manager, but even that does not work. the only thing I can do at that point is restart my PC.

It seems to have started occuring when Microsoft made an update to Windows 10 about 2-3 months ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines