• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC search bar

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I read a lot of PDFs throughout the day. As I scroll through, a little progress window routine comes up in the bottom right corner of the reader as if loading something. I think it's related to a search function. It's a bit distracting, is there a way I can turn that off?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're referring to the "Thermometer object or app". It's a balck and  blue progress bar that appears in the bottom right corner of the Acrobat working space when a task is in progress. 

If this is what your referring to then I think this may be customizable using the Acrobat Preferences Reference guide and modify it via registry (if using MS Windows) or Plist (if using macOS): 

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/PrefRef/Windows/index.html#:~:text=The%20Preferen...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that's exactly it. But what registry file do I edit, and what do I edit it to read?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I apologize for this delayed response.

I scuffed through the document that I posted in the link above and I can't find a registry setting to disable that.

However, I read in other threads that users work around this by disabling a few preferences in Acrobat.

If you go to EDIT -->> PREFERENCES  look into :

• Documents-->> "Save Settings" section-->> "Automatically save document changes to temporary file every : x minutes(1-99) . Increase the time in minutes so you don't have Acrobat saving so often. That said , get in the habit of manually saving after commiting any change in your PDFs.
  • General -->> "Basic Tools" section -->> disable "Show online storage when opening files" and " Show online storage when saving files". Also see "Application Startup" section and disable "Check 2D graphics accelerator" (this usually is not necessary during Acrobat startup, it is known for causing delays depending on your supported hardware specs.
  • Adobe Online Services - disable "Sync preferences accross devices and document services"
  • Updater - disable this settings as you can always do this manually, thus eliminating another background process throttling in the background.

give it a try and see if helps.

In my case this worked for me. I only see the app thermometer when I manually save a document or when I use a PDF tool to perform an action such as OCR & Scanner, for example, and/or exporting, resizing and optimizing a file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines