• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader mulitline test field.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I have a question.
I create forms in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and ask if there is an option to add multiline text in the "drop-down list" field.
I mean, after selecting a text from the list, it should be divided into several rows.

Can you add some code, eg JS, in the properties of this field?

I will be grateful for your help.

TOPICS
How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

If you're creating forms it's not likely you're using Acrobat Reader, but the full Acrobat.

To answer your question: It is possible, but it's an undocumented (and buggy) feature, so I would advise against using it. It can only be done using a script, like this:

this.getField("Dropdown1").setItems(["Item1 Line1\nLine2", "Item2", "Item3"]);

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're creating forms it's not likely you're using Acrobat Reader, but the full Acrobat.

To answer your question: It is possible, but it's an undocumented (and buggy) feature, so I would advise against using it. It can only be done using a script, like this:

this.getField("Dropdown1").setItems(["Item1 Line1\nLine2", "Item2", "Item3"]);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh crap I wrote a reply 2 days ago and now I can see that it hasn't sent out after all. 🙂

Thanks for answering that, and I will try to use it despite your warnings.

I still have a question, I'm not the best at JS, could you please describe a little more where I can use the script you wrote above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From the JS Console is the best way. Press Ctrl+J, paste the code into the editor, select it with the mouse/keyboard and press Ctrl+Enter to run it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines