Highlighted

Adobe Acrobat Synchroniser hogging MacBook Pro CPU

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried to resolve this but it didn't work and I'm making PDFs constantly through the day. My Macbook Pro fan is running full power whenever I start Acrobat - In activity monitor it is the most active, if i force quit my Macbook pro returns to normal after a short time.

Macbook pro 15" 2019
OS 10.15.6
2.4GHz 8 core i9

32GB Ram

Radeon Pro 560x 4GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630

Acrobat DC v 20.0

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Acrobat Synchroniser hogging MacBook Pro CPU

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried to resolve this but it didn't work and I'm making PDFs constantly through the day. My Macbook Pro fan is running full power whenever I start Acrobat - In activity monitor it is the most active, if i force quit my Macbook pro returns to normal after a short time.

Macbook pro 15" 2019
OS 10.15.6
2.4GHz 8 core i9

32GB Ram

Radeon Pro 560x 4GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630

Acrobat DC v 20.0

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 13, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul

We are sorry for the trouble. As described the application is taking so much of CPU usage.

Please try to logout of the application, reboo the computer once and relogin to the application and check if that makes any difference.

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version of the application go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat DC and make sure you have the latest version 20.12.20041 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates.
For more information please take a look a the help page https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted my version - which it said was up-to-date and reinstalled to:

Architecture: x86_64

Build: 20.12.20041.394260

AGM: 4.30.103

CoolType: 5.14.5

JP2K: 1.2.2.46820

As soon as Acrobat starts the fan ramps up and stays that way until I force quit synchroniser in the activity monitor.Screenshot 2020-08-14 at 08.16.01.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please share the below details required for investigation:

1. How long have you been facing this issue?

2. Can you please share spin dump for Acrobat Synchronzier and Acrobat process when the issue occurs.

Regards,

Rohit

Steps to capture spin dump:

- Open Activity Monitor

- Click on the required process

- Now click on the gear icon on top to open drop down menu

- click on "Spin dump"

- A new window opens up with the dump.

- Save the dump and share it with us. To share the dump follow steps mentioned here How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More or less since I got this Mac new last year - it was through searches that the synchroniser was identified as a cause.https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:3682a46d-055e-4df1-ae0b-78b2123c1dbe 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the sharing the dump, we are investigating it. Meanwhile can you please share the following additional details to help us isolate the issue:

1. The exact steps that lead to CPU hogging issue
  2. If possible, can you please share sample files with us.

Regards,

Rohit

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rohit - it is actually any and all pdfs, whether they're made in Indesign, or illustrator, high res or low res proofs! As soon as Acrobat starts automatically from making the pdf - the fan winds up!

regards

Paul

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I haven't had any update since 18th August - the matter is not resolved?

I tried PDF Expert for a week the problem did not happen when it was the preferred app.

Paul

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

We're still investigating this issue at our end and will keep you posted as soon as we have an update. We appreciate your patience, sincere apologies for the inconvenience!

Regards,

Rohit

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2020 0