• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Updater – is this malware?

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

today this window appeared on my screen. Doesn't look very Adobe-like to me. 

Someone experiencing the same thing?

image.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 11.42.17.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 11.42.55.png

regards, 

Max

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks fine to me. It's a part of the Acrobat application. Do you have Adobe Acrobat? If so, open it and go to Help - Check for Updates. If the same thing appears then it's fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Edited Response]

Hi Max,

++ Adding on to try67

A new update for Adobe Acrobat/Reader got released on 17th Oct 2019 version 19.21.20048. If you are not on the latest version you get the automatic pop up message for the same. You can update the application to the latest version go to Help>Check for updates. Also, you can manually download the patch from the link  https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank's 

This did work.

Though in Creative cloud the update status was: up to date, there was an update available directly through your suggested link from the help menu.

Best, Max

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are glad to hear that the issue got fixed.

Fell free to contact us for any further assistance required in the future.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree this seemed suspicious to me as well! For two reasons -- the image is weirdly unclear, as if it were copied and not original, and there was no option to cancel, just "continue," which is often indicative of malware.  (Turns out there is an option to cancel after you click continue.) 

Mine, too, was real -- but I also didn't realize it because in Adobe Cloud  the indication for Acrobat was "up to date." Sounds like they may need to do some tinkering with this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines