• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat / Windows 10 Default Printer changes for users with Roaming Profiles

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, - Description of issue below.

User A -Is a Roaming Profile User

Computer A - Windows 10 (1803) - Printer 1 Installed

Computer B - Windows 10 (1803) - Printer 2 Installed

User A Logs onto to Computer A, Opens Acrobat Reader (Version 2015.016.20039) opens a PDF file, selects Print, chooses Printer 1 from the available printers in the drop down list and successfully prints to Printer 1, User A closes Acrobat and logs off.

User A Logs onto to Computer B, Opens Acrobat Reader (Version 2015.016.20039) opens a PDF file, selects Print, but instead of showing Printer 2 the printer installed on Computer B in the drop down list of available printers, the only option is Printer 1 which is installed on Computer A.  Printer 2 which should be there is not available as an option to print.

Printer 2 is installed and working normally on Computer B.  Other applicatons such as Word or Photoshop have Printer 2 available as an option to print to.

Only Acrobat is affected by the issue.

To resolve the issue the users local profile needs to be renoved and all drivers and printers also need removed.

The network printers then need reinstalled. Users with local or mandatory profiles are not affected.

Thanks for help in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There

Thanks for reaching out. As described above, you are facing issues while printing the PDF as the printer is not getting listed, correct?

As we can see that you are using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Version 2015.016.20039, its an old version released in May 10 2016,  a new release for Adobe Acrobat/Reader was announced on Oct 17 2019 version 19.21.20048. Please update the application to the new version. Go to Help > Check for Updates. and see if that works

You can also, manually download the new update from the link - https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Also do check the user profile settings at your end as the printer is not getting loaded in the second computer.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'll upgrade to the latest version and test that.

I'll let you know how that goes.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

When you say that users with local or mandatory profiles are not affected, does that means that User A is logging in to Computer B as a guest user? or with a roaming profile?

Have you compared if there are different  Group Policies in both Computer A and Computer B to see if  User A has the same user rights to use the Acrobat application in Computer B? Like , for example, able to view, modify, save and print in both computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ls_rbls

Thanks for replying.

Is the same GPO for both devices.  The computers are identical and the user is logging on to their "Roaming Profile" in both cases.

Interestingly I suspect the issue may be occuring from a Windows 10 Policy (Or rather Prerfernce).

"Allow Winodws to manage my default printer".

We have configured via GPO to "Enabled" which is actually the setting for turning the preference off.

I'm logging a ticket with Microsoft to investigate that.

Thanks again for your reply.

I'll update with any progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Just a quick follow up and checking if you were able to resolve this issue.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines