• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat X Pro does not open

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I double click on the desktop icon for Adobe Acrobat X Pro and software does not start. I removed Adobe Acrobat DC to see if it made Acrobat X Pro the default and no help. Any ideas of what is the fix for this issue,

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jcrr,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, Acrobat Pro X is not starting, is that correct?

I have checked the record with your current Adobe ID and found that you have a registered license of Adobe Design Standard CS 6 and Acrobat Pro X is a part of this suite.

Try to launch the Acrobat Pro X by right-clicking on it and choose Run as Administrator and see if this brings the Acrobat Pro X.

Try resetting the preferences of Acrobat, to reset the preferences, refer to How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

If the issue persists, please uninstall Acrobat Pro X from the machine, reboot the machine, and download the setup of Design Standard CS 6 from Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications

Run the setup and choose Custom installation and install Acrobat Pro X, and complete the installation process.

Note: Acrobat 10 and CS 6 is already declared as an end of support products, and above mentioned suggestions/steps may or may not work. End of Support means that Adobe no longer provides technical support or distributes runtimes. This policy affects product and security updates for all derivatives of a product or product version (localized versions, minor upgrades, operating systems, dot and double-dot releases, and connector products). For detailed information, please refer to End of support for Acrobat X and Reader X and Adobe Support Policies: Supported Product Versions

Feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I'm having exactly the same issues. Acrobat X Pro was running fine, but suddenly it stopped working.

I have not installed the Acrobat DC.

I tried to uninstall and use the Adobe Cleanup Tool, and re-installed afterwards. Did not help.

Unfortunately your link to the download of CS6 does not work anymore 

"We no longer provide installers for Creative Suite apps. To get the latest versions of your familiar apps that have been tested in current operating systems, upgrade to Creative Cloud."

Is it possible, that the Adobe Cloud - which I'm using for e.g. Bridge and other free apps - is causing issues here?

I understand, that CS6 is no more supported, but still it should work?!

Regards,

Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> I understand, that CS6 is no more supported, but still it should work?!

Maybe, maybe not. It's not compatible with any current operating system, so running it on such a machine is likely to cause problems. You should make sure the application is updated to the latest possible version (10.1.16) and if you're on a Windows machine try running it in Compatibility Mode with an earlier OS (like Windows 7), but that's about all you can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Supported or not, It should still run. In fact I have been running on windows 10 for a number of years. Then all of a sudden it Adobe 10 would open then close unexpectedly and now it won't open. Reboots and retrys work eventually but if you Shutdown and then restart, you will probably not be able to use it.  All part of Microsoft/Adobe plot to get you to use DCReader or upgrade to new cloud based program after you invested a considerable amount of $$s into your CS6 Suite. Just my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is absolutely nothing that Adobe has done to make your copy of Acrobat 10 (there is no program called “Adobe 10”) “all of a sudden” stop working. Nor is there any “plot” involved here. And is not any “new cloud based program” here, although the software for installation and updates is downloaded from the cloud. Both Acrobat 2020 and Acrobat DC run of your computer system – they are not cloud software of any type although they do offer options for storing documents in various clouds.

What is causing problems running Acrobat 10 on your system? We honestly don't know. But it certainly wasn't any conspiracy by Microsoft, Adobe, or us together. Possibly some update to Windows 10 and/or device drivers on your system is triggering this problem.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just "Deactivate" and "Reactivate/ sign in" the software. Normally the issue is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines