• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat X Pro - Invalid Serial Number

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Acrobat X Pro that I purchased from Amazon back in 2011 -- physical/original CD -- that I have used for years. Last week my computer crashed and I had to reinstall Windows 10 but now I can't install Acrobat because I get an invalid serial number error. The serial number is from the original CD packaging but starts with "APROW1" and the useless chat support wasted an hour of my time only to tell me that it's invalid because it's not a 24-digit serial number.

It's a valid serial number and is being installed from an original CD and it's worked for years.

What can I do to get around this issue or get an updated "valid" 24-digit serial number?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not a serial number, serial numbers are only 6 groups of 4 numbers... NO letters

Lost information - see reply #1 in https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2008767

If you did not register your number with Adobe, and you did not keep your actual serial number in a safe place, there is nothing anyone may do to help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the serial number -- it's not lost. Here's my original CD and the serial number from the CD packaging.

Adobe used to use letters in their serial numbers all the time.

Fireworks: FLW*

Dreamweaver: DWW*

Photoshop: PWW*

Adobe Acrobat Key.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat Pro 8 that came with CS3 and Acrobat Pro 9 that came with CS6

Neither of them have any letters in their 24 digit serial numbers

If the install program won't accept letters, I don't know anyone who may help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever register it? If so, the s/n should appear under My Orders in your account on adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Havagan

Not sure if this will help, but I just purchased a Student & Techer license of Acrobat 2017 Pro. I too received what appeared to be a license key just like yours. However in my download I have to use that number (which is referred to as a product code) to the fill out an additional form to validate my education ID requirements prior to Adobe issuing an actual perpetual license key to me.

Perhaps this was a student/teacher license? If so you should have received a copy of the key my email, and I would assume you a re registered with adobe somewhere

Hope that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines