• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat X1 Pro Edition (Optimization issue)

Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using the Acrobat X1 Pro Edition Software- when scanning a PDF (from the Scanner or "Create Scan"), while trying to use the Text Sharpening Feature (an Optimization Setting) if one scans the same Document 3x's or more- the entire text of this same Scan is darker with a significant "blurr" on it compared to the first 1 or 2 scans, as this Text Sharpening Feature was set to "Off' (please also note that the Descreen Setting was set to 'On' & needed for my Scans) In conclusion, what is your corrective solution for the Text Sharpening Feature (defective) issue?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of XI eg 11.1.44?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I locate the Version that you were referring to?  This software was entirely a download Link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The usual place...

Windows: Help > About Adobe Acrobat 

Mac: Acrobat > About Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 11.0.23

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. That is the final free update/bug fix for Acrobat XI, which is now EOL (end of life). It might have been resolved in later versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was asking a simple question, & whether the "life" on it is still available does not relate to my question at all. Please re-read my question again to provide me a related reply. Thank you. SCT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You may need to update both of your operating system and your ptinting device .

After updating your system, then proceed to troubleshoot your scanner.

Always download the most current drivers and firmware from the device manufacturer's website; follow the recommended driver installation steps from the vendor.

Do not let Windows detect and install its own generic drivers.

Then follow this guide: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-scanner-issues-acrobat.html 

If troubleshooting your scanner doesn't work, you may need to manually re-install the latest update that was published for  your version of Acrobat.

Get it from here: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotes/11/11.0.23.html 

For some odd reason, reapplying this last update for your version resolves unexplainable issues. 

But, if my suggested guidance doesn't resolve your issue, and since your inquiry suggests that you've found a defective issue with the Text Sharpening Feature,  Test_Screen_Name is entirely correct  in saying that this issue could've been already addressed in newer versions of your Acrobat.

And because there's no more support after the 11.0.23 version was patched, you're left with an option to upgrade or  to continue to use the defective version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The viewed error noticed was viewed BEFORE Microsoft stopped the Windows Updates (I will add).



Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no solution for you. I have said it might be resolved in later versions. I don't know for sure, and will not trouble you further with attempts to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe you took my reply as a misunderstanding, and I may add that the correct term that is to be used here is "Upgrade", not "Update".  You simply confuse the readers on this website with this term.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines