• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Best Software to Fix Corrupt or Damaged Files

Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, I require help, now I work with Adobe Acrobat Pro a bit, I've come across a couple files that won't open, it's very likely that they are damaged or corrupt based on the error I get, when I try to Open it.

Now my question is what would be the best software to fix corrupt or damaged files, preferably Adobe software, if their isn't any Adobe Software what would be the next best thing.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Quite frankly, Adobe Acrobat is exceptionally forgiving in terms of dealing with PDF files with “issues.” Acrobat tries prudently repairing such files but doesn't go to extreme means which could cause even more damage to the file(s) or possibly allow a malicious file to cause system problems.

If the file can't even be opened, it is probably in a really corrupted state that none of our tools, even within the base Acrobat Pro product or Acrobat Preflight can assist with.

Adobe does not recommend any

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Quite frankly, Adobe Acrobat is exceptionally forgiving in terms of dealing with PDF files with “issues.” Acrobat tries prudently repairing such files but doesn't go to extreme means which could cause even more damage to the file(s) or possibly allow a malicious file to cause system problems.

If the file can't even be opened, it is probably in a really corrupted state that none of our tools, even within the base Acrobat Pro product or Acrobat Preflight can assist with.

Adobe does not recommend any third party products for such situations.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines