• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe bpdx not working after latest updates

Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the latest acrobat update (fix 20138), I am unable to run acrobat with a bpdx file as an argument to build/ rebuild an index set. This was working before the update. If you run acrobat and specify a bpdx as an argument it launches acrobat and displays the window to create the search index but then an error occurs : "fatal search engine error (-6) not able to find the file". Again this was working before the latest update of 20135 but not in 20135. Patch 20138 fixes other problems with using the search indexes but not this problem of using the bpdx file.  I would think the problems are related because the original problem of using the search index had to do with "not finding a file".  Please advise.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extremely frustrated! Update 20135 breaks the indexing of PDF files - really hard to understand how it could be released without knowing this. To adobe's credit update 20138 fixes the problem in a rather timely fashion. BUT acrobat DC still does not work with adobe batch files - (bpdx files). I have clients that were using this ability and I can't get any word on if this feature will be fixed. Will the use of bpdx files be supported going forward. I am rather new to working with adobe, (just over a year), and the lack of support or any kind of response is completely discouraging. Any advice on how to proceed? I did post this problem on the "Feature request / Bug report" site but I have received dead silence there also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The latest update 20142 has resolved this issue.  Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines