Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe closed and I didn't save

New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I just finished writing a rather boring pdf and some problems were starting to appear (things such as changing the text colour or font weren't appearing anymore though I could still use them if I clicked where they're supposed to be), so I decided to save. Again, I could not see any of the options under the "File" menu, so I did Ctrl. + S and the window to save the document showed up, but blank and it finally closed, the whole thing closed and that's the last time I saw my document.

I opened Acrobat again hoping to see a temporary save or something like that, but nothing. Is it lost forever or is there a way I can have it back?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monica,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described , on saving the PDF you got a blank window and then the application closed and you lost the document.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version installed go to Help > Check for Updates and reboot the computer once.

1. As you got the blank Window on saving, please  try the following preference settings:

Go to Edit (Windows), Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > General > Uncheck 'Show online storage when saving file' and 'Show online storage when opening file' > Click OK and check.

2. Also, Acrobat DC automatically saves document changes to temporary file if you have the setting enabled. Go to Edit (Windows), Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > Documents > Under Save Settings, Check 'Automatically saves document changes to temporary file'

For more information, please check out the similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/where-does-acrobat-save-temp-files/m-p/4208450 and see if that helps.

You may also check out the steps shared in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-crashes-on-windows-os.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should not be using Acrobat as a word processing application. It was never meant to be that, and the PDF format is not suitable for it. In the future, create the file in another application (Word, InDesign, etc.), and then convert it to a PDF when done. If changes are needed go back to the original, edit it, and then create a new PDF from it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines