• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe closes after trying to open pdf doc from outlook

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a weird problem with one of our user machines. Whenever I try to open a pdf document from outlook, the adobe opens and closes immediately. Without doing this if I open any pdf document in adobe, it works well. But after trying to open from outlook, it crashes, and then I cannot even open any pdf until I restart. It gives big pain. I tried all the steps given on the internet and my adobe version is latest one - 2020.009.20074. 

Any advice? Support? please.  

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat , PDF forms , Print and prepress , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manicaps

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you are unable to open the PDF from outlook attachemts as the application is crasing

Please try to turn off the protected mode for testing and see if that works for you. Go to Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC (Mac), Edit (Windows) > Preferences > Enhanced Security  > Turn off the Protected Mode and Uncheck the enhanced security > Click ok

Note: Please turn on the security after testing.

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

If it still doesn't work please remove the application using the Acrobat Cleaner Tool https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html  Reboot the computer and reinstall the application using the link https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/acrobat-downloads.html

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amal,

Thanks for the suggestions. I've tried all the steps you recommended and still the issue persists. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Please try to download the file locally to your computer and then try to open it with Adobe Acrobat DCand see if it still crashes.

Also, please check for any missing/pending updates for your computer and try updating the outlook.

If it still crashes, please collect the crash logs as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html and share the logs with us for  testing.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. The outlook is already up to date. Adobe acrobat alone has no issues to run in windows but if I open any pdf document from outlook, adobe crashes, and after that from Windows I couldn't able to open adobe until I restart. In this case, I cannot see Adobe acrobat running in the task manager and so cannot collect dump. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Please find below my google drive link where I have uploaded the dump file. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_mQvXZ7w-0NtbgtJCZX_GhTKUxm1ZcFv/view?usp=sharing

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Thank you for sharing the dump file. However, i am not able to access the file as it its asking for the premission.

Untitled.png

Please upload the dump file to the document cloud https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/ , generate the link and share it with us.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having the same problem. But it is not only with Adobe. I installed foxit, and if I try to open a pdf attachment from outlook 2019, the pdf quickly opens and closes again. If you save it on the desktop, and restart the computer you can open it from the desktop and it works, all the pdf files open. But as soon as you open outlook and open a pdf file it flashes and disappears. Then if you close outlook and try to open any pdf they all flash and disappear. Then when you restart you can open again. What i also found if you open an pdf before hand, and minimize it, then open and attachment in outlook it opens correctly. But it you close all the pdfs and try to open via outlook it flashes again. What can the cause of this odd problem be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi William,

Hope you are doing well. As described the PDFs open fine when you download them to your computer, but not from outlook. It seems to be some issue related to MS outlook. I would request you to please get in touch with MS Oulook support team for more information.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines