Adobe closes during batch convert

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wanting to know if anyone else is having this issue or knows how to resolve it. I'm batch converting word documents, about 220 at a time give or take, each document is in a folder, and each of those is in one folder too. However as it gets towards the end, say around 170-180 adobe just closes, no error message or anything, the program just completly shuts. These documents get converted in alphabetical order but these last few documents always start with the same letters, so I run the batch process again, but tell it to not replace copies, hoping it gets through it a bit quicker, still has to go through each document though, and while somtimes this second pass works, it also sometimes crashes as well.

Does anyone know how to get around this, I installed Adobe Acrobat Pro DC today, I have version 21.001.20145

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks like it's some sort of time issue, i've split the batch in half  so now it does 100 at a time, and it completes them fine, however when I then start the next batch, after a little while it closes without warning again. However if after I complete each batch I close adobe and open it again myself, I don't get the random closing issue, it just seems like after sometime, it just needs to close itself. But I would still like to know if theres a way round this issue

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines