• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Create PDF disappeared in Firefox after Refresh

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I needed to refresh Firefox (85.0.2) because of some issues which are solved now, but the Adobe Create PDF extension has now disappeared. It's not just a matter of enabling it. It's also gone from the list of extensions.

How can I get it back? (I have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2021.001)

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roland,

To manually enable the Create PDF extension for Mozilla Firefox, here are some helpful steps given in this help article which you must try: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/enable-createpdf-extension-firefox.html 

If you can't find it under extensions at all, then

1- Reboot your system once

2- Open Acrobat>Help>Check for update

3- With the Acrobat DC's update your extension should also be updated. If it doesn't, then try the same steps suggested earlier and enable it manually like mentioned here too:  Will my extension be automatically updated with Acrobat update?

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately though, the Create PDF extension for Mozilla Firefox is still not there.

This is what I did:

What should I try next?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only provide the solution for Mac.

1. Locate the web2pdf extension first. Where? Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Mozilla/Extensions/{somegarbagefoldername}/web2pdfextension.17@acrobat.adobe.com.xpi

2. Go to Firefox Add-ons Manager > select the gear icon > choose Install Add-on From File...

3. In the open dialog box, just drag the web2pdf extension to add it into Firefox. Approve or allow whatever permission when prompt (if any).

That’s it!

If the web2pdf extension is not found in that root location (NOT in the user library folders), uninstall and re-install Acobat again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. That solved the problem! I don't have a Mac but it lead me on the right track.

This is what I did (in Windows 10):

In C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Browser\WCFirefoxExtn\WebExtn\signed_extn

I found the add-on adobe_acrobat-1.0-windows.xpi

Then in Firefox Add-ons I used Install Add-on from File to install this file.

And voilà, it's there!

Wonderful!

PS: I reinstalled Adobe Acrobat DC a couple of times but the add-on never showed up in Firefox as it apparently should. No idea why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!
Adobe Acrobat Pro DC / Version 2021.001.20145 / 64-bit
Firefox Version 87 64-bit
Windows 10 Prof. 20H2 - 19042.870 / 64-bit /

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe_CreatePDF_Firefox-v87-64bit_20210328.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines