Highlighted

Adobe CS6 - getting messages that I am using trial software and need to: Buy Now or enter Lic.

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a copy of Adobe CS6 Standard software. This includes a copy of Adobe Acrobat as well as Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop. I have recently started getting a pop-up window when I click to open a pdf file. The window says I am using trial software and need to Buy Now, License the Software or Continue Trial. My attempts to license the software by entering my User Name, Password and then Serial Number have failed. It looks like it has licensed the software but then I go through the entire process the next time I open a PDF. I logged into Adobe.com and checked my serial number and it is correct. I tried getting help from customer service but they have referred me here. I am not sure how I am going to get help here unless Adobe Customer Service reads these but am crossing my fingers. I purchased this software back in 2013, right before the subscription based model was started. I don't upgrade to the Creative Cloud because I am a hobbyist and it is not affordable. 

Thanks,

Tom 

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe CS6 - getting messages that I am using trial software and need to: Buy Now or enter Lic.

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a copy of Adobe CS6 Standard software. This includes a copy of Adobe Acrobat as well as Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop. I have recently started getting a pop-up window when I click to open a pdf file. The window says I am using trial software and need to Buy Now, License the Software or Continue Trial. My attempts to license the software by entering my User Name, Password and then Serial Number have failed. It looks like it has licensed the software but then I go through the entire process the next time I open a PDF. I logged into Adobe.com and checked my serial number and it is correct. I tried getting help from customer service but they have referred me here. I am not sure how I am going to get help here unless Adobe Customer Service reads these but am crossing my fingers. I purchased this software back in 2013, right before the subscription based model was started. I don't upgrade to the Creative Cloud because I am a hobbyist and it is not affordable. 

Thanks,

Tom 

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thomas,

Well this is absurd. Actually both that you're getting these messages AND that Adobe should send you here. The majority of folks who look through these forums, such as myself, are not employed by adobe, have no official capacity, and are in no position to look through Adobe's files and databases for any data or information about you and your subscription.

I'm really really sorry about this but I can only suggest that you call Adobe one more time, and if you get the same blah-blah, ask to speak with a supervisor.

There really is nothing that can be done from this forum UNLESS an Adobe employee should happen to encounter this but I would neither expect or depend upon that from happening.

I really do wish you good luck!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I did try again with Adobe Customer Support after
spending 3 more hours online with support they told me that my Adobe CS6
Acrobat Pro was incompatible with the latest Windows 10 update and I'd have
to update to Acrobat 2020. I doubt I'm ever going to buy any more Adobe
products.

Thanks,

Tom

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I wish you had mentioned that you're trying to install this on Windows 10, I could have told you then that it wouldn't work. 

I'd be curious as to how many of your seven year old applications are still working on Windows 10 but as you do need to update this (and your other applications), there are a variety of alternate PDF applications that should suffice for you. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had been using Adobe Acrobat Pro from the CS6 purchase up until a few weeks ago when I started having this problem. So it must have been the last update of Win 10 that made it incompatible. I uninstalled and reinstalled the rest of the programs: Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign and they are still working. I'm not sure why Acrobat wouldn't continue to work. I can work around it though. Thx

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do check that you haven't ended up, somehow, with a copy of Acrobat Pro DC. However, it got there, if it is there it might interfere with licensing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0