• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe DC Action Wizard and Preflight page scaling

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to change the scale of hundreds of documents. I am able to successfully run the Preflight Page Scale option, but we have quite a collection to run. I was hoping to make it an Action Wizard for our various team(s) to use when they run into this matter.  But I cannot seem to find the same preflight tool when pulling from Action Wizard menus.

Preflight fix:

Has anyone been able to successfully create an Action Wizard to run this fix? 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

You can use the Action Wizard to execute your preflight profiles. If you follow my instructions (Scaling Page Content in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC - KHKonsulting LLC​) to create a scale fixup (for this purpose, you probably want to specify concrete sizes, and not variables that would prompt the user), you would have a "fixup", but not a profile. In a second step you then need to create a profile out of this fixup. Only profiles can be used in the Action Wizard. The same also applies to Preflight Drop

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Action Wizard you can execute the preflight fixup per JavaScript or you can create a Droplet in the Preflight Tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the part where I'm getting lost is the Action Wizard and Droplet portion.  I'm not very familiar and I get stuck.

So here's what I'm doing:

• On preflight menu, I have the scaling fix highlighted (as shown in orig screenshot)
  • I select Options and Create Droplet
  • When creting, the Run Preflight check using drop down menu is lacking the SCALE functionality I'm looking for (see image)

Could you tell me what the next option should be which would allow me to select the Scale Pages functionality?

I ran into the same issue when I was trying to create the Action Wizard. I don't know what to select to enable scaling; and it appears scaling isn't an option (to my eyes). If you could help clarify, I'd be grateful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens for me:

Bild35.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the Action Wizard to execute your preflight profiles. If you follow my instructions (Scaling Page Content in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC - KHKonsulting LLC​) to create a scale fixup (for this purpose, you probably want to specify concrete sizes, and not variables that would prompt the user), you would have a "fixup", but not a profile. In a second step you then need to create a profile out of this fixup. Only profiles can be used in the Action Wizard. The same also applies to Preflight Droplets - you also need to create a Preflight Profile first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I found where I was failing.  And I'm sharing here in case someone else makes the same mistake.

My mistake: I was modifying the existing 'scale' functionality and running it successfully.  I was trying to action wizard it. What I missed was: creating a new Scale Profile, exporting that 'new' one and then Importing it again into Preflight. Once I did this, I was able to see/find the preflight profile and apply it to an action wizard. 

Thank you. It was subtle for a newbie; as I had it working, but didn't consider saving, exporting, and then importing it.  I appreciate the assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines