• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe DC editing a Fillable Document

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone tell me how I can modify a document that currently has Security and is a fillable form?  I am the author of the form, I created the document, own the Security applied to the document, created the "master password", and there are no signatures involved.  I used to be able to use File > "Save a Copy" and that Save a Copy document allowed me to remove the security and edit the form and republish it for use. Now I don't even see " Save a Copy" option under File and there doesn't appear to be any way around that. I current have Adobe DC Standard.  Forever grateful for any help you can provide.  

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you remove the security? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Save a Copy-command doesn't remove a security policy! It only removes the Extended Reader Rights, which is a kind of digital signature. To remove a policy you must go to File - Properties - Security and select the "No Security" option. Of course, you'll then be asked for the password used to secure the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried your suggestion and I receive a pop up stating:  You cannot change security on this document because the document is signed or certified.

I've also tried Tools and Protect, Advnaced Options Remove Security and get the same pop up.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the file digitally signed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What can you see at File > Properties > Security ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines