Highlighted

ADOBE DC not installing

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have had to uninstall DC from my C drive as it was taking up too much space. Tried several times to reinstall onto D drive, but no matter how many times I change the location in the preference settings of Cloud, it continues to install to C drive, which then fails due to insufficient disc space.  Is there no way to install ADOBE DC without the 'Cloud' ???  I do not use any of its features.  PLSE HELP?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

ADOBE DC not installing

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have had to uninstall DC from my C drive as it was taking up too much space. Tried several times to reinstall onto D drive, but no matter how many times I change the location in the preference settings of Cloud, it continues to install to C drive, which then fails due to insufficient disc space.  Is there no way to install ADOBE DC without the 'Cloud' ???  I do not use any of its features.  PLSE HELP?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if you change the install location in the Creative Cloud app, some files are still installed on the system drive there is no way to avoid that. It seems your C: drive does not have space for this portion of files as well. The only solution out of this is to create some breathing space on your C: drive

-Manan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 1
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how much space is available on your c drive?

what drive/directory (you can't install on a root directory of any drive) are you trying to use to install acrobat?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After uninstallation and clean up of all Adobe/Creative Cloud files, there's roughtly 1.5G available. 

I have uninstalled/moved as much off the C drive as I can and I am trying to install Adobe to Program Files(x86) on the D drive?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you embed (using the insert photo icon) a screenshot of your cc app preferences showing you have that folder selected for your install location?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 1
Peru Bob LATEST
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" there's roughtly 1.5G available. "

That's not really enough for the operating system to run properly. It needs room for temp and system files.

I'd suggest getting a largerC drive.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0