Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe DC Order Form "Visible but Doesn't Print" Doesn't work on Phone

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, 

My interactive order form I have been working on now for months through Acrobat DC is almost ready to give to my boss, but I am still having a few small issues that I can't seem to resolve.

One issue is that text fields or buttons I put as "visable but don't print", will actually show if I print the form to a PDF on my phone. (the feature works on a desk top, but doesn't work on the phone).  What I expect with the form right now is for the sales representative to prepare the orders or quotes with drop downs, then print it to PDF on their phone and then send it to their customer as a PDF without the interactive form and drop down choices. And I need for certain buttons and mainly check boxes next to the products not to show when printing. So I selected the "visible but don't print" thinking this would work on the phone like it does on the desk top, but it doesn't work it still shows the check boxes. 

If there is no solution for printing to PDF on my phone and getting the feature to work, then maybe someone has another solution to make these check boxes visable for the sales reps but not visable before or after it is printed as a PDF.

See below screen shot of what I am referring to.
See to the left, the check boxes, the reason for the boxes is if the box is checked, the pricing will populate to the right with the Export value which is the price, when unchecked then the rep can use their own price. Thank you and hope someone can help!

order form example.JPG

TOPICS
Create PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is "print when visible" being set? Is it with a script?

Not all mobile viewers implement all Acrobat features. In fact, they are all pretty poor, most don't handle scripting, and even if they do its a small subset. Even the Acrobat Mobile Reader only implements a subset of the full scripting model. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thom, 

If I click on "check box properties" then it is under

General tab 

COMMON PROPERTIES 

FORM FIELD: I chose "visable but doesn't print"

I wonder if a script would work. Maybe I'll try that if I can find one. 

Thanks for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A script will definately not work. Its just that the viewer is not respecting the setting. Do you know what it is being viewed on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is on my Samsung 7 phone and I also tested it on a friends phone that was also an android but newer model. Both phones when printed to pdf still showed the checks, the clear button and the submit button. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But do you know the PDF Viewer? Is is the Adobe Mobile Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoops! Adobe acrobat reader for android phones. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bummer, if it was going to work with any viewer, it should be the official Adobe Mobile Reader. However, this might be more related to the print driver than Reader. I'm not sure of the exact interaction.

It is possible to add a button to the form that will hide fields, without requiring a script. Just add a button and check out the options on the Actions tab of the button properties. A script might work for this as well. I haven't tested all the options for the mobile reader, so I'm not sure.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to add that there is a new update available for Acrobat Reader Mobile App.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thom,

I finally had time to try the button to hide the check marks. It worked on the desk top but the button doesn't work when I tried it on my phone. Maybe Adobe will do an upgrade some day to make it happen.

My boss is testing my order form and just allowing the checks to be to the side. It looks like strange to me, but I am at a loss for a fix unless we have everyone use tablets...I haven't tested that but I bet we have no issues on tablets. 

Thank you for the suggestions, some day I'll fix this issue. LOL

Sheila

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thom and sheilas10,

I would like to add that if this is print driver related it is possible to work around the issue in the android mobile device.

Ensure that you have the Samsung Printing Service enabled and configured appropriately.

GO to Settings--->>>Printing--->>Print Services--->>> and toggle On the Samsung Print Service Plugin

Alternatively, in that same screen for the print services settings, it gives you an option to manually add other printing plugins. Click on that and it will take you to the Google Playstore where you will see listed different plugins. 

Select an install the plugin provided for your printer brand and model.

See slides below:

Screenshot_20191204-022549.jpg

Screenshot_20191204-022533.jpg

Screenshot_20191204-022437.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ls_rbls,

I updated the app around thanksgiving. Last night I went through the steps on the print service plug in but no luck. 

Keep in mind I am not printing to a printer on my phone, I am only printing to a PDF.

I am going to test the order form on a tablet and suggest that our salesmen use it there if I have no issues with hiding these checks. And maybe some day I'll have a better solution to change pricing or at least hide the check marks on the phone version. 

Thank you for your help, it is much appreciated!

Sheila

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines