Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe DC Pro crashes

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have the DC subscription. Worked well until 2 days ago. All of the sudden it sign out and crashed. Reinstalled and deleted all the adobe related folders did not help. I am runnig windows 10 pro 64 bit.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Use the AcroCleaner Version 4 for DC and later on Windows to cleanup failed or partial uninstalls of DC products.
https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html
http://labsdownload.adobe.com/pub/labs/acrobat_ittools/AdobeAcroCleaner_DC2015.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the AcroCleaner Version 4 for DC and later on Windows to cleanup failed or partial uninstalls of DC products.
https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html
http://labsdownload.adobe.com/pub/labs/acrobat_ittools/AdobeAcroCleaner_DC2015.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SeiWo,

This resolved the issue.

Thank you for all others who responed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i get constant "somes files needs updating are currently in use."?

mikefromoakland_0-1591391935894.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not related to the discussion that happening on this thread.  However, you may try restarting your machine and once you log in, try updating your Adobe Acrobat, if that doesn't work. Launch Acrobat>Help>repair installation. Once done restart your machine again and check if the issue occurs. Let us know how it works for you. 

~Tariq

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Noel_Sebastian,

Sorry for the exprience. 
Do you have happen to have dual monitor setup? 
Would you try the following suggestions and let us know if that help in your case?

• Quit Acrobat application if it's already running.
  • In Start > Search, type RegEdit and press Enter. The Registry Editor is displayed.
    Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\(version)\FeatureLockdown\bMergeMenuBar.
  • For example, the path for Acrobat DC is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\FeatureLockdown\bMergeMenuBar.
  • Set the value of the bMergeMenuBar key to 0 (False):
    Key: bMergeMenuBar
    Data type: REG_DWORD
    Value: 0
  • Close Registry Editor.

Regards,
Tariq

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello im having dual monitor crashing w/ acro dc
the Reg edit pathway does not exist on my Editor?

mikefromoakland_0-1591388108746.png

Mike D
oakland ca.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

I have created the registry entries and the problem went away .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tariq - There is another reply below from an user that could not find the Feature Lockdown option in RegEditor for Acrobat DC.  My laptop also does not provide that option.  I am not sure how to proceed.  I do use two monitors and Adobe DC keeps going slowly and then crashing.  Doug D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Doug,

If you are unable to create the Key, it means your machine is IT managed. You have to contact your IT department, they will have the rights to create a registry key on your machine. If this is your personal machine, you need to login via local admin on your machine and try creating the registry. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/enable-and-disable-the-built-i...

~Tariq

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tariq,

I might have the same problem as Noel_Sebastian: I have a DC subscription, which runs on an Windows 10 with Office 365 on a 64 bit computer (dual screen). Since a few days, DC closes during scrolling, irrespective of whether it is a 2- or a 100-pages PDF, and irrespective of on which screen it is opened. I have the impression that it only happens when more than only one PDF are open (I open them in new tabs, not in the same tab). But I might be wrong at this point. I tried everything that I found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-crashes-on-windows-os.html#SendthecrashreportstoAdo... but I have neither error messages that I can send, nor can I create a dump file in the Task Manager, because DC closes and does not only freeze. I tried also the AcroCleaner mentioned by SeiWo above, and reinstalled DC, but this did not work either. Therefore, I would like to try your method. However, I have neither the entry ...\FeatureLockdown nor the more complete ...\FeatureLockdown\bMergeMenuBar. On my computer, it looks like in the sceenshot of mikefromoakland. Can you please give me an advise how to create these entries? When I right-click on "DC" and go to "new", which item should I choose? Is it "key" already at this point? Or is it one of the other entries (DWord..., QWord...)? It is my private computer, so that I have all administrator rights. I simply don't know which type of entry I should create.

Best wishes,

Lutz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still nobody with an idea how to solve this problem?

Best wishes,

Lutz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cree una cuenta nueva de usuario en mi PC y al iniciar con el nuer o escritorio se soluciono el problema.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tengo exactamente el mismo problema, probe absolutamente todo y la verdad es que no puedo resolverlo. si alguien puede ayudarme agradeceria pues ya no se que mas probar.

gracias!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hola. pusidte resolver el problema.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Apologies for the trouble you had using Acrobat DC.

Could you please tell more about the issue. What error you are getting on launching Acrobat again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines