• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe DC Pro Uses excessive Memory

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe DC Pro uses excessive memory. I cannot mark-up a pdf withut the program not responding or it taking several seconds to do anything.

I can hear my computer working overtime everytime I'm in Adobe DC Pro. Please could someone assist?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times to try and resolve this issue.

Moved from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod
To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

Note - the COMPANY name is Adobe, the PROGRAM name is Acrobat

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tarina,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the application is taking excessive memory and you are unable to mark up PDFs.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 20.13.20074 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also, please try the following preference setting and see if that helps:

Go to Edit (Windows), Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > Page display > Under 'Rendering' Uncheck, 'Use page cache' > Click OK and reboot the application and check

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day,

I only saw your reply now... sorry.

I have uninstalled and re-installed again without success. I have the same problem with any pdf, not just a specific one.

My version is 2021.001.20135.

I have unchecked the rendering setting as recommended. 

I still have the same issue. I can actually not use the program as it doesn't respond whenever I try to edit a pdf.

Please assist?

Thanks, Tarina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Would you mind sharing if you are on Windows or Mac OS and what is its version? Please check for any missing/pending updates for your computer OS and try updating it and reboot the computer once and check it that helps.

What is the workflow/steps you are doing to edit PDF? If the file is on a shared network/drive please try to download the file to your computer first and then open it with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC .

You may also try to turn off the protected mode for testing (Windows Only). Go to Edit > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Uncheck 'Enable protected mode at startup', Turn off the protected mode and uncheck 'Enhanced Security' Click OK and reboot the computer once.

Note: Please turn on the security after testing to avoid any security risks.

If it still doesn't work, please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights on Windows or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day,
I am using Windows 10, and I did also check for updates. It is up to date and has no new repairs.
I will let you know if it works, taking off the enhanced security.
I am working on files on my PC. I have a 16 GB RAM and 500 TB SSD pc. Therefore it should not be taking this amount of memory to run and or edit pdf document.s I work mostly on drawings, but balck and white 2 D drawings such as plans. Not very big files...
I will try what you have mentioned and let you know.Thanks,Tarina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Therefore it should not be taking this amount of memory to run and or edit pdf document.s" You haven't told us how much memory it is using, or how you measured it. Are you guessing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, It uses approx. 800MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. A new version of Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC is now available, version 21.01.20135. Please try to update the application to the new version from the help menu and reboot the computer once and see if that helps.

You may also download the patch manually using the link https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

If it still doesn't work, please try to reset the Acrobat preferences to default as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792...

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

800MB doesn't sound excessive, and if you have 4GB or more it should have no noticeable impact. I don't this is behind your poor performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much memory, exactly is it using? And how do you decide that is excessive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines