Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe DC Scrambled the text after editing. How to fix

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Situation:

1. I added pictures to a document in Adobe Acrobat DC that I had previously edited.

2. Unbenounced to me adding those pictures scrambled the text of the other pages in the PDF.

3. I saved the PDF and now I can't get back to the unscrambled version. (1 full days work) 😞

Please advise how I can get to a previous version, temporary saved version or unscramble the document.

The following have been tried and didn't work:

Right click on file, properties, previous versions. None

Windows Restore. No previous version.

Thank you in advance.  A copy of the file is available here. 

https://app.propertyware.com/pw/setup/mail_merge_images/4160062065/KRP-PROPERTY_INVESTMENTS_REPAIR_C...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some utilities in Acrobat don't have a history or Undo that you can revert to.

I don't have a solution for you, other than to go back to the original source document and re-export a new PDF from it.

Suggestion for the future:

Don't edit the original version of a PDF, always work on a copy of the original PDF. CYA.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Lesson learned. Painful lesson.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many people make the mistake of trying to do quite complex editing, or even creating documents from scratch, in Acrobat. Adobe's marketing makes it sound a good idea: IT ISN'T. The whole point of PDF is that you can make your documents in proper editing apps, and easily convert to PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is a 'proper' editing app?  Even when I export to WORD, edit there and then reintegrate, this scrambling happens!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines