Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe distiller does not embed Helvetica

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear colleagues,

I am currently using Adobe Acrobat Distiller DC Professional Version 20.13.20074411690. When processing PS files, Distiller does not embed Helvetiva fonts. This is extremely awkward since Helvetica is almost always used in my LaTeX files. Upon checking the list of TrueType fonts in Distiller I cannot find Helvetica, although the complete family is present in my Fonts folder of Windows. 

Until quite recently I used Adobe Distiller X Professional Version 10.1.1613 and I never encountered this problem. Moreover, whenever I added a new TrueType font to my collection it became visible in the Distiller's list of fonts.

I should be grateful for any advise to take me out of this impasse.

Ioan.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows doesn't come with Helvetica. Nor does Distiller. (Distiller understands all about Helvetica, and can make correctly spaced PDF files without the actual font). Since it shows up in your font control panel, you should locate the actual font files and try to add them to Distiller.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for this quick reaction!

The problem was fixed after copying the Helvetica fonts into C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Resource\Font and removing 2 folders from the Distiller's list (this may have mixed-up the location of missing fonts). Everything runs now as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines