Highlighted

Adobe Distiller no longer opens since upgrading to 2021 CC suite

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated most of my CC Adobe apps yesterday to their new 2021 versions, kepping the 2020 versions as a backup.  However, since the updates, Adobe Distiller CC2020 no longer opens.

Instead I get the following standard Mac Os Catallina message "Distiller quit unexpectedly." Nothing else has been modified on my computer (system updates / fonts etc) so I assume that it is down to the Adobe 2021 update?

I am using the following setup - MacBook Pro (15-inch 2018), 2.2 Ghz-6-Core Intel i7 with 16GB of ram.  My OS is macOS Catalina version 10.15.7.  

I have tried using the app uninstaller to remove Adobe Acrobat Pro and Distiller and then reinstalling it through the official Creative Cloud installer but still no luck.

Any help would be much appreciated.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Distiller no longer opens since upgrading to 2021 CC suite

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated most of my CC Adobe apps yesterday to their new 2021 versions, kepping the 2020 versions as a backup.  However, since the updates, Adobe Distiller CC2020 no longer opens.

Instead I get the following standard Mac Os Catallina message "Distiller quit unexpectedly." Nothing else has been modified on my computer (system updates / fonts etc) so I assume that it is down to the Adobe 2021 update?

I am using the following setup - MacBook Pro (15-inch 2018), 2.2 Ghz-6-Core Intel i7 with 16GB of ram.  My OS is macOS Catalina version 10.15.7.  

I have tried using the app uninstaller to remove Adobe Acrobat Pro and Distiller and then reinstalling it through the official Creative Cloud installer but still no luck.

Any help would be much appreciated.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 23, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similar issues happening on my end, but my biggest problem is photoshop. Currently running a much older laptop. 2013 13 inch MacBook Air - OS is Catalina 10.15.7, 1.7 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7 Processor, 8GB RAM.  Hopefully with two people posting, we'll get a little more visibility? 

Hope your issue has already been resolved. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, Acrobat updates are outside the CC system, and happen continuously. What specific version of Acrobat do you run? How do you start Distiller?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, visibility to Adobe people who might fix it = zero, no matter how many posts. You need to report it. https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0