Highlighted

Adobe Editor - Automatically Add Comma after Text Field, no matter what length the text field is

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very new to Adobe Editor. I am preparing several letters that I would send out for my business, and I was hoping to find a way to automatically add a comma to specific text fields. Examples of this would include addresses and greetings. I of course could manually type them out, but for sake of time it would be great if Adobe could automatically do this for me. I originally added the comma as part of the PDF, but that doesn't work as well because the comma doesn't always match the length of the address or the recipient of the letter's name. Is there a way for me to have Adobe automatically add this comma?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by try67 | Most Valuable Participant

You can use this code as the field's custom Format script:

if (event.value) event.value+=",";

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Editor - Automatically Add Comma after Text Field, no matter what length the text field is

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very new to Adobe Editor. I am preparing several letters that I would send out for my business, and I was hoping to find a way to automatically add a comma to specific text fields. Examples of this would include addresses and greetings. I of course could manually type them out, but for sake of time it would be great if Adobe could automatically do this for me. I originally added the comma as part of the PDF, but that doesn't work as well because the comma doesn't always match the length of the address or the recipient of the letter's name. Is there a way for me to have Adobe automatically add this comma?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by try67 | Most Valuable Participant

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 25, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you need MS Word with grammer and spelling suggestions? Are you using Acrobat or another Adobe application?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe Acrobat 2017.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting you to the right community. Maybe volunteers here will be able to help you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about an actualf text form field, or are you referring to static contents that you're adding to the PDF?

It's possible with the former, not the latter.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am talking about the form field. Essentially, it would read as follows:

"Dear [Name], "

The [Name] is a form-field, and the comma after is what I would like to be automatically added.

I can't put the comma in the PDF text itself, as the name can vary in length.

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2019 0
Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2019 1
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my gosh, it worked. You are fantastic, thank you so much for your help with this 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would this work to add text before the value?

I have a field [Name] and I want the other field to look like "For [Name]:"

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2020 0
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

event.value = "For " + this.getField("Name").valueAsString + ":";

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2020 0
JMC08 LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks.  you are the best!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2020 0