Adobe Extension in Google Chrome Error

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have installed Adobe version 2021.001.20142 on our 2016 servers. We installed the Google Chrome update version 88.0.4324.182 on the server. Now when we launch Chrome we see an error on the browser as showin in the uploaded screenshots. If you click on it, it prompts fo the extensions to be enabled or remove the extension. 

 

Why would this happen and how to fix this? Appreciate if we could get a reply.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

54

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said you have the Chrome update in the server... when you say the update , are you referring to a full installation package that also includes the latest update, or just the update patch for whatever older version of Chrome you have?

 

Also, what other browsers do you use in that environment? Is that a virtualized environment?

 

 

It seems strange because, as long as you have a paid subscription of Acrobat, you should be able to install that extension in different web browsers and use them with it with no issues.

 

I've used before Internet Explorer 11, the new MS Edge browser, Chrome, and even Firefox when it used to fully support this extension, all of them simultaneously with no issues.

 

So unless you have some type of specific Acrobat licensing in a virtualized environment it doesn't make sense.

 

You also mentioned that when you click on the error message it prompts for the extension to be enabled.

 

Ehat happens if you enable it? Does it even let you do that?

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you click on enable or remove it does as it is expected to do. But, it would show the error on the  browser right corner as shown in the image once you close and reopen it. 

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it does let us enable it but after you close the browser and reopen it, it comes back.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would say that in this particular case, if it was up to me, I would reset Chrome to  its defaults, OR, completely uninstall and reinstall Chrome without any other PDF viewer extensions. Then add the Acrobat extension and test again.

 

I think the conflict is because it may be another third-party PDF handling  extension that creates conflict when both are run together, for example, Google Docs.

 

This type of error happened to me once, and the underlying. issue was having two different PDF extensions active. I had to disable one and leave only one of them active to avoid the coflict.

 

Your issue may be something else though.

 

 

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We installed the update patch for Chrome 88.0.4324.182 for Windows. This is on a Windows Server 2008 R2 and it is a Citrix Image.

 

https://chromereleases.googleblog.com/2021/02/stable-channel-update-for-desktop_16.html

 

 

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

File a bug as instructed in the link for that update patch and re-check the release notes for Google Chrome update patch. From what I read in that link, it seems that all updates in that version had high priority.

 

The best idea I can think of is to test that Chrome update outside of the Citrix environment in a standalone PC.

 

If the error doesn't manifest in the stand alone PC, it may be possible that the logging in or logging off sessions in Citrix are not releasing the user-session credentials properly.

 

Observe how the users are logging off or signing out from the virtual sessions. That is probably why Chrome is reporting that it appears as if another instance of the program is already using the extension.

 

Last, check with Micrososft support release notes for both 2016 and 2008R2 server versions.

 

I don't remember if the 2008R2 version already reached its end of support cycle or if Micrososft extended support for two more years.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines