• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe fillable form for order processing

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a few forms to order inhouse laboratory tests by the Docs. The forms are fillable and mostly check box type. By checking a box for the appropriate test means we want the lab to process that test. The forms have many tests and the docs choose one or two out of many that are also listed on the form but not checked. Is there a way to submit the form (print to a printer in the lab) such that only the boxes that are checked and a few other required filleds jus shows in the printed form. It is much cleaner for the lab Techs to focus on just the test that is ordered. I do not need the code to submit the form to print, that part I got working by a java script.

Thanks for any help.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would say to employ a javascript that make the text fields that hold the lab test(s) name(s) hidden or visible based on the checked or unchecked state of the checkboxes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also create a "Summary" page with just the list of selected tests (populated using a script from the check-boxes in the previous pages), and add a button to print only that page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I do that? Any examples?

Thank you so much. Is summary page creation a option in Acrobat pro version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will have to be customized to your specific file. If you're interested in hiring someone to do it for you, feel free to contact me privately via [try6767 at gmail.com].

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the option. However, I work for a non-profit hospital and hence, to hire or outsource a small project like this is not feasible. We are using the fillable form as it is now, and this small improvement will not justify outsourcing.

I thank you very much your input on this and gives me confidence that it could be done. I will work on it to see if I can do it. I dont have a deadline for this and it is not terribly urgent.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines