• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Fillable Form Not Working on Mobile

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Help please! I've designed a form in indesign, converted to PDF, and turned it into a fillable form. As long as the PDF is shared by email, it's fillable on mobile or desktop. But if I save to my website, I can only open as a fillable pdf if I'm on my desktop. If I try to access the file from my website using my mobile phone, the form isn't fillable.

Help!

Thank you!!!!

Dana in Vancouver

TKW Foundation

TOPICS
How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you open the form in Acrobat Reader on the mobile device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. I'm completely new to this stuff so apologies if I'm asking dumb questions.

I haven't been using acrobat on my phone, and I assume that most people who need to open and fill the form wont have acrobat reader on their phones either.

If I open the form on my phone from my email as an attachment it works just fine. It's ONLY when I link it to a website that the fillable fields are no longer fillable. Hoping its just a setting that I can't figure out?

Our webpage is hosted by go daddy and we have also tried loading it through Wix and an online fundraising platform (Classy) and all three times I can open and fill on my computer, just not on mobile. Again, I CAN open and fill on my mobile but only when it's not linked to a webpage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What app are you using? On what kind of device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply!

I'm not using an app to open the form, I'm just trying to use open/use it when it's linked to my website. 

If I open the form on my phone from my email as an attachment it works just fine. It's ONLY when I link it to a website that the fillable fields are no longer fillable. Hoping its just a setting that I can't figure out?

Our webpage is hosted by go daddy and we have also tried loading it through Wix and an online fundraising platform (Classy) and all three times I can open and fill on my computer, just not on mobile. Again, I CAN open and fill on my mobile but only when it's not linked to a webpage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You open the form in a app, e.g. web browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I am trying to open using safari.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a mobile device the PDF form will only operate as a form in a PDF viewer that understands forms. Most mobile viewers are complete crap. There are a few that provide decent form handling. When opening it from an email it is being opened in the Adobe Mobile Reader or a decent PDF viewer. But when opened from a weblink the browser is most likely opening it in it's own previewer, which is almost guaranteed to not support forms.  

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. Thank you! Is there anything to do to make it work? A setting or the way it's saved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way to fill in the form is to open it in a PDF viewer that supports forms.  To that end the users need to be directed to do so.

One way to do this is to display a message on the PDF that cannot be missed. This message should obscure the useable parts of the form. Put a script on the form that runs when the form opened to make the message dissapear. If the viewer does not support enough scripting to make the message dissapear, then it's not good enough to use for form filling. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue, but I don't understand. I am viewing the pdf opened in the web broswer, but how do I fill it/ get it to the adobe pdf app in order to fill it? I downloaded the app on my mobile device to test what you explained above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue, but I don't understand. I am viewing the pdf opened in the web broswer, but how do I fill it/ get it to the adobe pdf app in order to fill it? I downloaded the app on my mobile device to test what you explained above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have loaded the Acrobat Mobile Reader on to your device, then it is a regisered PDF consumer. As such, there should be an option somewhere on the browser that provide an "Open With" or "Share" option for opening the PDF in any one of the PDF consumers on that device. Also, if you just open the PDF Reader app, the files on the device may automatically be available.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh that worked! There was an option to import to acrobat. Thank you for
your help.

--
Tara Severance
Office Manager

Ag Info Tech
19325 Zolman Rd.
Fredericktown, OH 43019
740.507.2503 | www.aginfotech.net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. A "Best Answer" would be nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, could you please tell us what's the option to get my form pdf worked on any phone, because i have the same problem.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A PDF form will only work on a mobile device if the user opens that form in PDF viewer that supports forms. The Adobe Mobile Reader is the best choice. The user must download this app and use it to open the PDF form. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines