Highlighted

Adobe form keeps changing fields to read-only

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have an adobe form with dozens of fillable form fields. The fields somehow keep getting set to read-only so no on can enter data. I change them all back to be editable, save the document and at some point they're getting set back to read-only. What am I doing wrong? 

If I do a test, I will remove read-only from one field, save the document, close it, open it back up and it's still editable. However, something is happening at some point to change ALL the fields back to read-only. I have custom scripts in the document, but none that I know of that tell it to change fields to read-only upon an action. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe form keeps changing fields to read-only

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have an adobe form with dozens of fillable form fields. The fields somehow keep getting set to read-only so no on can enter data. I change them all back to be editable, save the document and at some point they're getting set back to read-only. What am I doing wrong? 

If I do a test, I will remove read-only from one field, save the document, close it, open it back up and it's still editable. However, something is happening at some point to change ALL the fields back to read-only. I have custom scripts in the document, but none that I know of that tell it to change fields to read-only upon an action. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 05, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing - is anyone else taking the file away and filling it before you get it back?

Second thing - how do you fill the form - what app and version?

Third thing - is there any signing of the form?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your reply. First, the file is stored on a shared network drive. People do open the form and use it, then save a copy. The master file is not saved (only by me). Second, the form is in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version 2020.006.20034. Third, there is no signing of the form. However, we do have electronic signatures on the form, but they're permanent. 

So it appears every time I make a change to the document and save it, all the fields go back to read-only.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem! Also here looking for help

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2020 0