Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe form keeps changing fields to read-only

Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have an adobe form with dozens of fillable form fields. The fields somehow keep getting set to read-only so no on can enter data. I change them all back to be editable, save the document and at some point they're getting set back to read-only. What am I doing wrong? 

If I do a test, I will remove read-only from one field, save the document, close it, open it back up and it's still editable. However, something is happening at some point to change ALL the fields back to read-only. I have custom scripts in the document, but none that I know of that tell it to change fields to read-only upon an action. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing - is anyone else taking the file away and filling it before you get it back?

Second thing - how do you fill the form - what app and version?

Third thing - is there any signing of the form?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your reply. First, the file is stored on a shared network drive. People do open the form and use it, then save a copy. The master file is not saved (only by me). Second, the form is in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version 2020.006.20034. Third, there is no signing of the form. However, we do have electronic signatures on the form, but they're permanent. 

So it appears every time I make a change to the document and save it, all the fields go back to read-only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem! Also here looking for help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same issue. Everytime I save the form, all fields become read-only. I have to uncheck the read-only box in the properties of each fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Share the form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone figure this out. I have 18 pages of form fields and I select them, set them to read only or not as appropriate. When I save the form and open it again, everything is changed.

Ren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Answer to this?  It makes no sense...I am doing this for older clients who are not that tech saavy...sending them a form they can enter data in defeats the entire purpose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tony, are your users signing the form? This does lock everything by design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2023 Aug 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. When I save a form after editing it for the first time, it switches all the fields to Read Only. I can go into each field properties through the "prepare form" tool and switch them back one at a time, but I want to be able to prevent this from happening in the first place. No one else is accessing the documents. It is happening upon save. And it only happens intermittently. I cannot isolate the conditions that create this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have the same thing.  Also there are no signatures on the form, it's just a blank form that switches to read only for all the fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you share the form?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines