• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Javascript executable into the PDF text boxes

Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been testing out the Custamized PDF and trying to find what is catching it in the quarantine filters.

I tried by putting in an java exe script would it execute the string. What we have managed to do though is put in javascript to print so when the document is sent and its open it will automatically try and print. Obviously I used a string that is not malicious or cause harm in any way to the Customer Systems, however this does raise a very serious question about javascript enabled pdfs that Customer use.

I have two issues..

1) I was wondering why my Custamized PDF is catching in the quarantine filters though I used the Adobe Javascript. 

2) If I paste the malicious  javascript in the text box will the Quarantine filters will stop the pdf if we received from the outside to company systems.

Regards,

Suneel

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are questions you need to ask the developers of these "quarantine filters". We have no idea what they allow or don't allow.

Oh, and there's no such thing as a "java exe script" in a PDF file. The language PDFs support is JavaScript, not Java, and it most certainly can't be located in an exe file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly do you mean by "catching it in the quarantine filters"? And is this related in any way to Acrobat?

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Parker,

The Cyber Security team has reported that due to Javascipt in the PDF docs  it is getting caught in the Quarantine filter as Malware.

They are asking me to remove the JavaScript becasue of the above issue. Infact I said with out JavaScript the Fillable PDF forms won't work as per the business requirement.

What kind of  action the Cyber security  team has to take inorder to bypass the PDF's?

Thankx in Advance.

regards,

Suneel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Change the definitions of their filters...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you assume that "quarantine filters" are something to do with Acrobat, or a specific product. Sorry, there are hundreds, perhaps thousands, of security products; each one has its own rules. The rules are often a secret, deliberately secret to protect from hackers. If your IT department say Acrobat JavaScript is banned, then you must respect this, not look for work arounds (conflicts with a security team don't end well).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines