• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Licensing information - "Sorry something went wrong"

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Company purchased Acrobat 2020 tool, I've installed it and after logging in I'm constantly getting a message - "Sorry something went wrong - Please try launching Acrobat first..."

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your computer's clock set correctly? 

Is it possibe that you are using a volumen license version? If so, get in touch with your system administrator and see if they can straighen things out. If it's a normal license, this should not happen, and you may want to get in touch with Adobe's support. They should provide support for licensing issues.  

If that does stil not work, then I would try to uninstall and re-install, potentially after running the Acrobat Cleaner.(http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TNx, I'll try that out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Computer clock's set correctly. I'm using license 24-digit for 1 PC. I've contacetd Adobe support and I've been told that 2020 Pro's acting unstable and that I'd should cancel order for 2020 and order 2017 permanent license... 2020 accoding to support is not bug-free.. well that's not really a good response for me. From my side it looks like there's some licensing issuse. 

Btw. I've tried deinstalling SW with Acrobat Cleaner. No luck. I've also deinstalled Reader. No luck . Only if i install 2020 Pro as a trial then I can use it, but in that way i cannot activate my license. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very sorry that you are not getting good information from service. What they told you sounds fishy... It sounds like whoever you talked to was not willing to acutally work with you, and was just looking for an easy way out. I've worked in software developoment for a long time, and I can tell you that there is no commercial software out there that is bug free. There are a lot of people who run this version of Acrobat without a problem, so it should be possibe to fix your installation as well. When it comes to licensing, the problem is that we outside of Adobe are not privvy to some of the information that is required to get this to work. I will try to bring this to the attention of one of my contacts at Adobe, and maybe somebody can step in and provide some help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You for your time and effort. You are more than a kind. I appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on your screen shot, I am pretty sure that you are using Acrobat on Windows, is that correct? In case I am wrong, and you are using Acrobat on a Mac, I have a link for you that discusses this problem on a Mac (the solution is not applicable to Windows unfortunately): 

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-activation.html#error-opening-acrobat-mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to @AnandSri for jumping in. I guess I was to slow posting my link 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Karl Heinz Kremer Thank you for highlighting this.

@EMIL5FC7 @Emil5C0A If you are on a Windows machine and getting the error message, please try the solution shared in the direct message initiated by me.

Let us know if that works for you or you experience any issues.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also received the Same message but correct Email is AdobeCustomer24x7@outlook.com
Not AdobCustomer24x7@outlook.com 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emil5C0A

Hope you are doing well and we're really sorry for the trouble you had. I have checked the Adobe account and found that you have a serial number based volume license of Acrobat Pro 2020.

However, we were not able to see your interaction with our Adobe support on both the email addresses you used to sign-in on the Community platform. Would it be possible to share the Adobe Case number or the email address used to contact the Adobe support in Private/Direct message only?

Are you on a Mac or Windows machine and what is the version? 

If you are on a Mac machine, then please try the solution from this article and let us know if you still get the same error message: 

Note: Don't share any personal info on Social and Community platform, such as Serial number, phone number, address, etc.

Thanks for your cooperation and your time.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AdobCustomer24x7@outlook.com

well, I've already shared serial number as I was asked to do so.. now I see that may be phising...

"...I got this 

Subject: Adobe Licensing information - "Sorry something went wrong"
Date: Jan 21, 2021 07:57 AM

Hi,

You can Directly send Email to our Adobe Customer Care Team at Email Address:-
AdobCustomer24x7@outlook.com and they will help you via Email.

Note:-Compose New Email and Copy and Paste the Email ID mentioned Abobe and send Email.

Team Adobe..."

further interaction was throug that email adress... unfortunately I've sent serial screenshot.. but not passwords..

And I'm using windows...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Emil5C0A Adobe support's email address or Adobe Employee's email address always ends with @adobe.com Please don't send any further email to the above-shared spam email. 

Please avoid sharing any personal info to any unknown email before verifying the details. 

The above email seems to be spam. We'll report it to the team to take further action(block/deactivate spam email). 

Please try the suggestion/solution shared in the help article and let us know if that works for you.

I have also shared more information in the direct message I initiated earlier, please check.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please report correct Email AdobeCustomer24x7@outlook.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details @James Pluck... We've reported the email address to the team for further action.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You very much for explaining me the details. i've tried to make changes in registry. Now I can open Acrobat , but now it says it's a trial version. 6 days left. Since while I'm trying to fix this problem by myself yesterday, Ive tried to install Acrobat 2020 as a trial and then try to activate it but with no luck. Now I don't see the option to activate it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Emil5C0A Thanks for your cooperation. I have shared the further course of action in the same direct message. Kindly check the mail/message.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again, as I've already told you, now I can start Acrobat but it still works  as a trial version. I managed to get an option to activate but I got the follwing note:

EMIL5FC7_0-1611334953039.png

after logging out and logging in again, it still works as a trial vesrion...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a final solution as a workaround from Adobe technical support. Just contect then through chat and don't give up. It took maybe 5-6 hours to get final solution. 

Good luck for everyone.

And please be careful with other members on here - phishing attmepts!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was also contacted by AdobCustomer24x7@outlook.com 

My Adobe Photoshop, and Premiere Elements 10, displays extremely small on your high resolution (High DPI) laptop monitor. They told me that the version is too old for my Windows 10 and said I have to buy the new  2021 version to correct the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please be careful, it's not official email adress... must be ...@adobe.com!!!

I think it's also a phissing attempt. Try to contact tech guys over official chat support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on the official Adobe Photoshop website and was asked for my serial number so they can help me. I think they need it to make sure I have a valid program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What “official Adobe Photoshop website”? And exactly who is asking for a serial number. This sounds like you are being scammed by someone who has nothing to do with Adobe.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines