• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe out of Memory Error when loading PDF's

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New installation of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Version 2019.012.20040.  When opening a PDF, at times I will get an "Out of Memory" error.  When opening a PDF with multiple pages, when I start to scroll those pages it works for the first few...but then it will lock up, pause and jump and scrolling does not work at all.  I have done a repair installation, but that did not help at all.  I have an old laptop (this new laptop replaced that) with the same version of Adobe and do not have these issues.  Please HELP!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Most of the “out of memory” issues occur on Windows when opening exceptionally-complex PDF files, primarily those coming out of CAD programs in which a single page may have literally hundreds of thousands of individual line segments defined, often with a line width of 0 (legal, but highly discouraged practice) and sometimes with unnecessary use of transparency which requires transparency blending for page display and most printing.

Typically, with current versions of Acrobat (i.e. 2017, 2020,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there!

Thanks for sharing the information. 

Looking at the description given above, I believe you are experiencing trouble with both multiple and single page document? 

Try the solution provided in the similar discussion here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/Acrobat/quot-Out-of-Memory-error-quot-Acrobat-Pro-DC/td-p/9729228 and if this doesn't help.

Then, 

Navigate to Acrobat>Edit>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Protected View" and "Enhanced Security">OK>Reboot Acrobat. 

Note: Changing the above security settings could pose security risks. We suggest you to turn it back On once you are done with testing.

Keep us posted with the result.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When are you people going to listen to the people on this forum and fix the bugs in your products?!.

I am having the same problem that the other people here are having, even after following your useless instructions.  And I have been having this problem with many differnt document over the past 6 months...

I suspect you have boated your software everytime you have undertaken an upgrade.  And if that's the case, which I believe it is your IT Project Managers and your beta testers are junk.

Why should everyone here have to uninstall/reinstall your products to "fix" your problems.

Acrobe DC is not worth the money I am paying for it.

I have wasted a day today attempting comment a 1200 page document as part of a documention review for one of my clients, and if I was using Acrobat 9 would have had none problems...

Is adobe going to pay for the day of lost time I cannot  claim from my client, I seriously doubt it...Every time you release an"up" (more like down) grade to Acrobat DC it's performance worsens.

This problem is occuring on three different PCs that I use.

The thread indicated that the issue is solved...  It it?...  You have provided no Response to Deano_82 below which demonstrates to me that there is no real commitment from Adobe regarding the issues raised here.
Don't waste my and everyone elses time here with a response from first level support, get a developer to respond...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Efter att öppnat några filer så stoppar programmet och man måste avsluta via aktivitetshanterarenAdobe.jpg

Detta började efter uppdatering som kom i slutet av februari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sonnys,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, you are getting "out of memory" error in Acrobat Pro DC, Is that correct?

Please reboot the machine once after closing Acrobat and see if this brings any difference.

Check for any pending updates of Acrobat from Help>Check for updates. Reboot the machine after the installation of updates.

Try repairing the installation files in Acrobat from Help>repair installation.

If the issue persists, please use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove Acrobat Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine and install Acrobat back from Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC, 2017, XI, or X

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a very similar issue. One paged files open no problem but multipage documents crap out with the out of memory error.

I will try some of theese steps and see what happens. The restart one is allready checked wih a no difference result, but some of the others are worth a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello JoakimHolmberg,

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an 64GB computer, i7 processor last generation. Out of memory.

Is there any reasonable answer to that?

I just install Adobe Acrobat 2017, and exactly like DC version before, the same error.

I have been paid a lot of money for those software.

From years now, starting with Acrobat 9, same error. It not depend of the hardware, it is your fault. 100%.

I am gonna tell to all peoples who buy these products to ask for money back. Maybe then, you guys will really try to fix this error.

I already try your "method". Not working. Actually, it appear that is not working for anyone..

When you solve this issue?

Just a clue. Acrobat 7 and 8 are working just fine. Can you guys identify the issue, starting from version 9?

It seems a easy problem. Compare the software and identify what is wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mariuss,

We're sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. I have replied back to your original post, please check the response. Reference thread: Adobe DC and Acrobat 2017 out of memory error.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Have tested your solutions but it does not work.

Still memory problem and i think it has to do when we working whit Auto Desk product as Auto Cad

/Sonny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We also have problems with Acrobat Pro DC. The client have a couple of instances of Acrobat open to cut and paste comments between them. The documents contains much text and images (PDF made in arbortext) . After 30 minutes to 2 hours she notice that the images doesnt update quickly enough and one of following error-messeges showed up and she hadnt the possibillity to save before Acrobat crashed.

- Out of memory.

- A drawing error occurred

- There was an error processing an annotation or link. Out of memory.

- There was an error opening this document. Out of memory.

I think we have done all suggestions found on internet / repair / uninstall - install of Acrobat Pro DC / uninstall of Acrobat reader.

The problems begun a month ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also get the following messages:

- Out of memory.

- A drawing error occurred

I'm having issues on pdf forms and pdf documents.

Donna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Donna, have you tried the suggestion given in the correct answer above? What is the version of Acrobat you are working with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem 'out of memory' while trying to make text searchable, legal transcripts typed. This function used to work just fine with files containing thousands of pages without any issues whatsoever. Now, the smallest document gets error messages and freeses up, requiring rebooting the computer to escape from an error message at the beginning of a large document.  This seems to have become a prolific problem based on the 

number of blogs here and others on the Internet. All Adobe produducts were uninstalled and Adobe Acrobat Pro reinstalled. Tried everything listed as a fix on other forums and this one. I am very frustrated and this is an incredible waste of time for me. I need a fix for this otherwise I will be needing an alternative soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update May 28 2020:

Ok so I spent about 4-5 hours trying to fix the "no memory" error message from the

current version of Adobe Acrobat Pro downloaded several times in May, 2020. I do

not see any way to fix the "no memory" error message. However, this is what I did

to fix my issues (albeit not the best fix).

1.  Uninstalled all Adobe products and creative cloud programs;

2.  Ran the Adobe uninstall programs Creative Cloud Cleaning programs;

Deleted everything visible and the creative cloud cleaning program found

more to uninstall.

3. Rebooted computer

4. Freshly installed Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 Version found here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/acrobat-downloads.html

5. You will need to unZip that download, so get your WinZip ready.

6. Downloaded 2017 Acrobat Pro (no security version, that is the

version you have become accustomed to in the past anyway).

7. Installed and just Text Recognition scanned a 1300 page document

binder with no issues whatsoever. No memory error message. Just like

the old days...

---

Imperative that you remove all Adobe and Creative Cloud programs

before you try this approach. It worked for me finally, after toying

with various suggested fixes for the current version for hours; none of which

worked.

The 2017 Versions do not require creative cloud applications to install,

just download the Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 version, unzip it, and execute

the installation, and you should be good to go. Those instructions are also

contained in the above link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not work!  Tried every solution.

On a 37Mb complex CAD drawing 74 page PDF, Acrobat Pro V 2019.021.20061 sill fails to open quickly and I still expeience 'Out of Memory' and 'A drawing error occured' errors.

THis happens on Adobe Reader as well and on different PC's.

Please address this issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All,

I have a PC with an i9 processor and 64gb of RAM and still get this error. And my system shows that Adobe is only using just over 3gb or memory. For the rediculous subscription fees we're paying these days you'd think we'd get a premium product.

From memory Acrobat is only 32bit, this would explain the 3gb showing on my sytem as 32bit programs can only address 4gb at a time. Funny thing is that it's a 64bit package on MacOS.

How about Adobe uses all the money they bring in from subscriptions to do some upgrades. I don't think any windows PC available today runs a 32bit OS, why restrict productivity software to a limit that existed so many years ago!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you pls. let us know if you are getting the error for a specific file or is generic? If this is for a specific file, pls. provide more details. It would be great if you can share the file with us.

Thanks,

Vinod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vinod,

This issue is with any file, yesterday I had 2 pdf's open (one on each screen) both of which were over 100 pages long trying to locate any changes (they are sets of construction plans) and after 5 minutes they would both lock up with the the out of memory message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they CAD files? Can we have a sample of one file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's another one, scroll down one page from page 6 to 7 and Adobe just disappears from my screen.

https://allroads.egnyte.com/dl/5TeFqejDnf 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue.  128 BG RAM, i9 processor windows 10.  Yes this happens often with our files exported from autocad and civil 3d.  Makes Acrobat useless to us.  Any progress on solving this issue?  I'm happy to share files that have this error...  its most of our large pdf from CAD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue.  128 BG RAM, i9 processor windows 10.  Yes this happens often with our files exported from autocad and civil 3d.  Makes Acrobat useless to us.  Any progress on solving this issue?  I'm happy to share files that have this error...  it's most of our large pdf from CAD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of the “out of memory” issues occur on Windows when opening exceptionally-complex PDF files, primarily those coming out of CAD programs in which a single page may have literally hundreds of thousands of individual line segments defined, often with a line width of 0 (legal, but highly discouraged practice) and sometimes with unnecessary use of transparency which requires transparency blending for page display and most printing.

Typically, with current versions of Acrobat (i.e. 2017, 2020, and DC), this problem is almost always seen under Windows. Why? Currently, Acrobat (and Reader) under Windows is still 32-bit and is limited to a 3GB address space, regardless of how much physical memory you have installed on your system.

Expect an update for Acrobat to provide a 64-bit version in a not-too distant release. That should solve this issue assuming you are running a 64-bit version of Windows 10.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines