• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Measurement Export

New Here ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anybody experienced the measurement markups exporting incorrectly (as incorrect units).

Has anybody found a way to correct this?

John J

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Are you opening the files on a different computer? The units of measurement are application-specific, meaning that you set those units in the Preferences dialog box and it will affect how each document is displayed.

Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 1.43.03 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you opening the files on a different computer? The units of measurement are application-specific, meaning that you set those units in the Preferences dialog box and it will affect how each document is displayed.

Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 1.43.03 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No our default unit preferences are set to inches and the scale is set to the appropriate unit per the plans we are working on. (i.e. 1"=20').

We export the measurement markups to an excel spreadsheet. Some export correctly, some come out  completely useless.

Clean Export

Bad Export

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similar problem as well.

So far I havent got the answer yet.

But I just come to realised that the bad export only happen with drawings which has been created with AutoCAD and plotted/saved to PDF using pdfplotxx.xxxx.

PDF files which was created using other than AutoCAD (eg. PScript5.dll/GPL Ghostscript, Acrobat Pro/Nuance PDF Create) doesnt have that problem.

May it be because the original unit was not transferred properly??

Can anybody help?    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dodyb,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. Please check for any pending updates of Acrobat from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after installing the latest updates and see if this brings any difference with the Unit preferences.

As Kelly correctly mentioned earlier that units of measurement are application-specific, meaning that you set those units in the Preferences dialog box and it will affect how each document is displayed, it seems that the AutoCAD is not embedding the Unit while creating the PDF.

Please install the latest version of Acrobat, and let us know how it works.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anand Sri,

I have been having the same issue but it is still continuing to produce 'Bad Export' like johnj87859751 posted. Is there any fix to this situation or a work around if AutoCAD has not embedded the units correctly?

Thank you,

Mitchell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is marked as solved.. There is no solution atleast not in this post? i have the same problem.. updating does not work.. i'm getting really frustrated with this since it significantly slows donw my work when unable to trust a app to do it's job properly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having this problem as well. I can't find an answer anywhere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not solved!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines